Kipon tilt-shift adapter and Leica R-mount lens

I have a Leitz 2.8/28 R-mount lens and a Kipon Tilt-Shift adapter on an X-E2.  Things seem to work more-or-less, and I love the shift, but it seems to me that the focus guide on the lens no longer corresponds to what I'm seeing in the viewfinder.  In particular, when I set the lens to infinity, the whole image is out of focus.  Is this a known thing?

well, if the camera with the lens in a 0 position no longer achieves focust at infinity ( and I am assuming ti did before) something is no longer where it is supposed to be.

There are a number of moving parts for both of the tilt or shift movement that might affect this.

Are you sure, first of all, that you are zeroing the adapter?

I’ve only briefly played with ( and then decided that it was not what I wanted because of its price) this  adapter but I own the tilt adapter.

The previous owner had delivered it to me misaligned. It meant that you couldn’t really tighten it in position but there was a wiggle.

I asked him, is this wiggle normal, he said yes, maybe he had this from the beginning (!),

So I wrote Kipon they came back to me with a detailed description (took pictures too) on how to remount the thing using the register pins.

As they predicted, the register pins had been misaligned, the previous owner must have been screwing the fastening mechanism completely loose and then turned the ring, in doing so the adapter could no longer being fastened.

Write to Kipon, they are helpful.

1_zpsn8keo1za.jpgPRO%20TampS%20-02_zpssj2jzguk.jpg31_zpsxhqnkawd.jpg

Edited by milandro