Desperate for the 80mm macro

Alois

Greetings,

I have written to Fuji asking them about when the 80mm macro will be released, but they are not replying to my mails. Does anybody here have any inside information as to when the lens will be released? The fact that Fuji, after all these years, still haven't come up with a 1:1 macro lens is getting to me.

HELP!

this is as close as you are going to get to “ inside information"

http://www.fujirumors.com/?s=80mm

But again, Fuji doesn’t answer ( as any other company wouldn’t) any emails with questions, prayers, or wishes concerning their coming production.

This is why there are several rumor fora, blogs, sites, all to quench the thirst for information.

In the end even these sites don’t know. They are only told what the company want to tell them to keep the attention on themselves.

As for the 1:1 , do you really think that, if there were no reasons why to make one, they would have deliberately be waiting over 5 years halting this lens for fun?  Don’t you think that they have a good reason not to?

In the end you and all the others whom “ can’t wait” will have to wait. As always one gets there when one gets there.

Edited by milandro

Greeting,

Two points:

1) I am a dual-system shooter and whenever I write to my other brand regarding future releases, they typically do reply within 72 hours. Fuji don't.

2) All of the other major mirrorless players, Sony, Samsung (RIP), Lumix, Olympus, and Canon have 1:1 macro lenses in their line-up. Fuji don't.

this is as close as you are going to get to “ inside information"

http://www.fujirumors.com/?s=80mm

But again, Fuji doesn’t answer ( as any other company wouldn’t) any emails with questions, prayers, or wishes concerning their coming production.

This is why there are several rumor fora, blogs, sites, all to quench the thirst for information.

In the end even these sites don’t know. They are only told what the company want to tell them to keep the attention on themselves.

As for the 1:1 , do you really think that, if there were no reasons why to make one, they would have deliberately be waiting over 5 years halting this lens for fun?  Don’t you think that they have a good reason not to?

In the end you and all the others whom “ can’t wait” will have to wait. As always one gets there when one gets there.

all the major brands defined, at some point, even micro lenses that, without an extension tube, couldn’t reach 1:1 ( I have had both the Micro Nikkor and the Macro Pentax both only gave us 1:2 and the macro for 6 x 7 was even less).

Fuji has’t been able to cater for all the wishes of all the photographers nor, I think, has tried to do that. They have provided equipment for a niche market, which is doing very well.

I don’t think that there is a widespread demand for such a lens... or they would have done it in over 5 years.

However it will be ready when it is ready. Not a day before, not one later.

• 3 months later...

Why not use the "new" 84mm macro Fuji XF lens! I am sick and tired of waiting for the coming 80mm macro and use my old  XF 60mm 2,4 with the teleconverter XF1.4X TC WR. But as this will protrude, a macro extension tube MCEX-11 must follow. Now we have a nice 84mm macro, not 1:1 but a little bit closer than the 60mm by it self. The MCEX-16 get´s you even closer if need be.

Anymore I get the impression Fuji isn't interested in the X system any more.  The trend is the GFX.  If it isn't GFX they don't want to bother.  The GFX is impressive but out of my league and something I really don't need.  I do love my XT-2 and have the lenses I need for it.  I believe it is time to spend elsewhere.  Education or travel maybe?

• 1 month later...

Anymore I get the impression Fuji isn't interested in the X system any more.  The trend is the GFX.  If it isn't GFX they don't want to bother.  The GFX is impressive but out of my league and something I really don't need.  I do love my XT-2 and have the lenses I need for it.  I believe it is time to spend elsewhere.  Education or travel maybe?

lol, further proof hot takes are garbage.

If you want 1:1 you can use the Zeiss 50 f/2.8 Macro Touit for Fuji X. Great lens.

I have it, and use it - even with the extension tube. Image quality is very good. But it is really slow, not weather proof at all, and frankly on the delicate side.

-Curt

Although I agree Fuji can't be all things to all people, it's really hurting itself for those that do nature photography. I'm holding off on all other purchases of Fuji gear as a result. And it's very clear that if they didn't put so many resources into the GFX system, it would have been here long ago.

Although I agree Fuji can't be all things to all people, it's really hurting itself for those that do nature photography. I'm holding off on all other purchases of Fuji gear as a result. And it's very clear that if they didn't put so many resources into the GFX system, it would have been here long ago.

They've always released lenses at this pace, some call it fast, some call it slow. They've also been releasing the lighter WR lenses... 23, 35 and 50 f/2.0. The missing lenses in their line-up are niche lenses so they might not be the focus but all rumours AND fuji's own lens roadmap show it'll release this year. 

pic_02.jpg

An 80mm (120 equiv) stabilised 1:1 macro lens would be just amazing! Especially if the teleconverters work with it. You can stay far back and not disturb butterflies etc.

I'm tired of using extension tubes, because once they are on the lens they are on. If you want to take a non-closeup shot, you just can't do it.

Hopefully we'll get this lens this year, as promised.

An 80mm (120 equiv) stabilised 1:1 macro lens would be just amazing! Especially if the teleconverters work with it. You can stay far back and not disturb butterflies etc.

I'm tired of using extension tubes, because once they are on the lens they are on. If you want to take a non-closeup shot, you just can't do it.

Hopefully we'll get this lens this year, as promised.

In my experience, if you are much more than .25 in repo ratio VR doesn't really work well and you have more misses than hits due to the thin DOF.  If you do go longer it gives you a lot more working room, and because the reproduction ratio is the same the only real change is more working room and light.  I have the Nikon 200mm f/4 Macro and medical nikkor 120mm f/4.0 Macro with built in ring flash and they work perfectly with the X-Pro2 and provide a lot of working room.

While not stabilized I don't know if I could ever be talked into selling this setup, which is also one of the best product photography lenses I have ever owned.

I need to rebuild my real portfolio site but with the x-series focus highlighting I just set it to the view I want and adjust the distance for focus and it works great.

5856267930_f7d5920808_b.jpg