Issues with Yongnuo YN560-TX Triggers

arch_202

I am having exact same problem. Here is my camera info and senior happening.

Using 2 Yongnuo Speed Lights YN 560 IV and controller YN 560 TX on Olympus E-M5 II. In settings on the camera I have RC flash mode turned off.

Both flashes set at RX in manual mode on channel 1

One flash is set at A Group the other is set at B Group

I can control both flashes with controller changing power of flashes and can set the zoom on each flash. also able to turn off C, D and E group.

Using the test button on the controller both flashes go off. Tested this  three times in a row and both flashes go off all three times with test button.

Now here is my dilemma!

I turn on the camera and try with the shutter button and both flashes go off the first shutter release. But the second push of the shutter button only A group works and not B group. B group will not work again until I change groups with the GR button on the controller and then both will go off once butt the next shutter release only A group works.

In one of the above comments they mentioned that if they adjusted the power output it would reset it and both flashes go off again. Yes that works with mine also. Also if you adjust  the zoom it will reset it both will go off on the second shutter release.

Would really like to know what's going on. Its pretty annoying.

• 2 years later...

I recently had a similar experience with my YN560 IV and YN560-TX.  I have had all these for years and had used all of these with my Nikon system (D750 and D7200) pretty successfully.  I recently I attempted to use them on a Sony (A7r V) and found a similar problem to what was reported here.  The first time I hit the shutter, the YN560 IV would trigger, but not the second time.  Adjusting the exposure on the YN560-TX enabled me to trigger the flash again.  I happen to have 3 YN560 IV units, and I attempted this with each one of them.  Turns out the issue is strictly with only one of the YN560 IV units, the other two work flawlessly.  My guess is that there is a difference in firmware with that one unit (not sure if it's older or newer).  I hope this helps someone else get to the bottom of their issue.