• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 ughok

ughok

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:20 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

SOLUTION FOUND! 

Well, I hope I can explain this adequately enough.  Basically, the flash is not seeded onto the camera right.  Now before you deny this, let me explain.

My cameras: Nikon D750, D610 (x2)

If you look at your camera hot shoe, you will notice a small hole in the front of the shoe (if you are looking at the shoe from the back of the camera).

Now turn your YN-560-TX over and look at it. Where the small hole is in the hot shoe, there will be a pin that pops out as you twist the flash controller unit's wheel (the wheel that fastens the FCunit to the camera)

This pin MUST go into the hole on the camera or else it will not fire the flash units more than once. So how I accomplished this task was to unscrew the wheel on the 560-TX until the pin was sticking out the furthest.

Here is the tricky part: you must slowly slide the FCunit onto the hot shoe and "listen" for the soft click. When you hear it, that's where it needs to be.

Apparently, the flash can be shoved forward too far, and its quite easy to accomplish this. 

Is this an error on Yongnuo's part? I think maybe it is. :(

I was just getting ready to return my units when I came across this in a Google search and had hope that maybe there was a fix....unfortunately, it's not working for me. Tested with a Fuji X-T1, I can see the pin & hear the click, but it doesn't change anything for me.  I've ben slowing listening and adjusting the position of the TX, but the flash still fires one time and one time only. :(

#22 spaceadams

spaceadams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:40 PM

Hello, created this account just to post here. Was having this exact issue, very frustrating since he alternative is to spend hundreds more on branded equipmemt. This was the only site I found mention of this specific problem but thanks to knmrussell i managed to find the solution.

Also using a D750 and thought I would try sliding the controller until I heard the pin click into place. Unfortunately this did not quite solve the issue but I noticed something else. There is a light in the top left corner of my TX that turns green when placed correctly on the hotshoe, otherwise it remains off. Rather than sliding the controller until I heard the pin click I slid until the light turned green and remained on then tightened into place. After doing this i was able to trigger 3 YN560 IV repeatedly without having to make any adjustments.

Prior to this I was having similar issues as a previous commenter where the first flash to connect would go off fine every time but any other connected flashes would only work for the first photo after adjusting the settings. Also tried using each of the 560 IV as the TX and setting the remaining two to RX with same outcome - flash on camera and first RX flash to connect would fire every time but third would only fire once after adjustment.

First I did confirm the wireless response was working by pressing the test button on the TX controller. Every flash would fire when pressing that button and flashes would adjust based on the controller. Like knmrussell said, it must be a design flaw in the way the controller and flashes sit on the hotshoe that keeps it from functioning correctly. Just make sure the light on top left of controller is green and everything should work.

#23 skyd34th

skyd34th

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:27 AM

Hello

I'm trying to buy these lamps myself to use with X-T10

from what I see there are two versions for canon and nikon.

maybe only those from nikon work correctly with fuji and hence some have a problem described in this thread?

Regards

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flash, Yongnuo, Trigger

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close