X-T2 / KAIZEN wishlist

• Need some kind of indication that AF lock is enabled.

• Should be able to move focus point while exposure is locked.

• Agree with the RGB histogram comments, and also the comments about the histogram having unclear boundaries.

• Turning "Preview Pic Effect" off should not affect the histogram, or at least should not make the histogram behave as if the camera is set to DR400.

• When set to store raw in slot 1 and JPEG in slot 2, deleting the raw doesn't automatically delete the JPEG. It'd be nice if there was an option to enable this.

• Auto ISO could do with a "focal length multiplier" option, maybe 0.5×, 1× and 1.5× for example.

• Camera should remember when self-timer is enabled after power off, or at least it should be an option.

My Kaisen love dream:

• Bring back a "Discreet mode option" from X-T1 (awfully named Silent mode first then Flash and Sound On/Off)
    Which would enable with one toggle, being able to
    • turn all sounds and beeps off,
    • change shutter to electronic and
    • disable focusing light and flash.
      I really miss this for events on churches and other venues, but not all the day, just 1-2 hours of the event... now I have to change 4-5 settings. And why remove it? Because the guy who named it messed it up big time? Change the name to "Discreet mode" which is easy to understand, it's a mode and will not get confused with other settings. Can add an icon on screen :ph34r: and/or even can set it with a AE-L long press or other Fn if don't want to clutter the menus, like the lock from from long pressing Menu/OK.

The name generated confusion, not the feature per se, the feature is awesome and is a great advantage over a DSLR, so take advantage of it!… that's why Fuji smartly included it on the first place. So don't remove it because the naming was bad… just change the name! but to a good one and PLEASE not using the same name for other setting "flash on/off :blink: , noise, electronic, etc" use a new word "Discreet, Stealth :ph34r: , etc". . If in doubt why not give kaisen some love and run a poll for it's reinstatement and name?.
  • Being able to control ISO with command dial wheels... an equivalent to T mode for shutter speeds, but ISO.
    Set the L or H to it, that would be very appealing to every on switching from DSLR and I think I read the GFX will have the option, so will be consistent with that.

• Being able to reverse direction of front/rear command dials to change shutter speed and ISO as to match Canon/Nikon/user preferred direction.
    Again making easier to adjust for DSLR previous or simultaneous users. There is the option of change the direction of focus ring, why not the wheel command dials too?

• +1 for  Increase the maximum allowed time selection in T mode, not maxing out at 30 seconds. (mentioned by Isaac)

• +1 highlight warning.

Cheers!

Edited by Biuti Chile

To the X-T2 / X-Pro2 wishlist:

• Enable to set maximum number of shots in CL / CH (Just like Nikon has)
  • Do not let the camera make any images when there is no SD card in either slot 1 or 2
  • Set ISO dial to A - Select in menu the option to allow ISO change via the back control command wheel
  • Add option for focus priority for Continuous AF (Handle 'C') mode to: Release - EQUAL - Focus
  • Add 'SMALL AREA Tracking' = the 49 phase detection points > Single Point Follow Focussing on moving objects.
  • Allow for AF start position; Horizontal / Vertical  Orientation linked AF Point  (just like Canon has)
  • Single AF Point plus fixed extension points (look at how Canon does this)
  • Allow assign different AF-C settings for quick switching under different Fn keys (eg. AF-C3 to Fn 3 and AF-C6 to Fn5)
    OR
  •  Better; Make something possible that can be done here as with the 5D MK IV:  

Instantly switching AF area selection modes
    Register/recall shooting functions
    (This would make it possible to instantly switch between continuous shooting modes using the two adjacent buttons or using single focus or continuous focus using two adjacent buttons)

• Make all options available in the Q menu
  • Anti Flickr Shooting (see Canon)
  • EVF Only + LCD MENU ONLY

Just to name a few

Please update the mobile app so that it could replace missing full flip-out screen (working in horizontal mode for video) and maybe connecting through USB 3.0 in addition to WiFi to save the battery life.

I know it is X-T2 wish list but the app is an extension of every x camera...

Fuji X-T2 firmware wish list 

• The Hidden photo option
  • After a shot and photo shown in LCD the ability to see shooting information by pressing down arrow in D-pad and by rotating front dial, move from photo to photo. Not have to press the playback button to see the info. 
  • The ability to select every option for My Menu.
  • Add Extra Custom Setting C7, C8, C9
  • Full screen blown Highlight Mode (Blinkies)
  • A Live RGB Histogram (Raw histogram)
  • Disable Noise Reduction Completely
  • Focus Bracketing
  • Internal f-log
  • Increased frames for Bracketing
  • WiFi GPS connection through phone
  • Camera should remember when self-timer is enabled after power off, or at least it should be an option.
  • Increase the maximum allowed time selection in T mode, not maxing out at 30 seconds
  • Auto ISO minimal shutter speed increases with focal length 

Hi kneops, it's already there!!! in the menu, and also there is a shortcut long pressing the focus lever, it can allow you to choose between ON (akas always on, the default), Push to unlock, an Locked. Great implementation and usability here IMO by fuji

• option to lock the autofocus point joy stick/button on the back (I always touch that stupid button by mistake)

<p>

Fixes needed for X-T2:

• Fuji needs to fix the Auto WB / color signature of the new sensor (X-Trans III) to match the WB of X-Trans II. The old sensor simply had superior skintones and worked much better for SOOC shooters in general. The color signature of the new sensor renders jpegs without the perfect skintones, crispness and beautiful tonality of X-Trans II.
  • Fix the erratic nature of the new exposure system. Too many times it underexposes by 1/3 to 2/3 stops, compared to the previous gen. cams.

I agree!

And I wonder if it is a certain production run of cameras that have this/need this, since not everyone agrees that these are issues...

Exposure Compensation Dial position alert.

When they designed the X-T2, Fuji wisely added 'lock' buttons to both the ISO and Shutter Speed dials, so that these couldn't be moved inadvertently.

So why the hell didn't they do the same with the Exposure Compensation Dial? It needs this more than the others, being positioned at the extreme right end of the top of the camera, where it's easiest to be moved by mistake; I've done it just taking the camera out of my backpack - and more than once, I might add.

Plus which, the X-10 I owned previously had the exact same issue. I sometimes wonder if the nerds who design these things ever actually use them in the real world, quite honestly.

Obviously, they can't retroactively add a physical feature such as a lock button at this point (though it should be done to the next generation). But they could surely include a firmware update that would make that exposure compensation information on the left side of the viewfinder blink repeatedly, or turn orange, or something, if the dial has been moved away from the 0 position.

Would like to have:

Microphone shortcut during video recording is active

Different crop orientation and ratio during in camera raw processing

You can crop, but you have to develop the RAW to a JPEG and then crop the JPEG (menu button, not Q button). Still, I agree.

• 2 weeks later...

Camera rotation specific focus points that remember your last point in that orientation

Raw highlight warning blinkies in live view (would settle for playback)

Customizable Q button (I don't use the quick menu, and it's a perfect spot for AF-On)

Something that speeds up lightroom performance with RAF files (I realize this is an Adobe issue, not a firmware issue, but hey, it's a wish list)

Faster AF (Even on the X-T2, the AF never really feels "snappy" like it used to on my Canon. The Canon missed more often, but it was always so confident about it. The X-T2 is more accurate, but much more plodding that makes me feel less confident in it)

Fix random under-exposure issues when there are white things in the scene. I've found that if I have something white in my shot (like a white shirt on a model) I'll sometimes get as much as 2 stops under-exposed when using a priority mode. I think it's trying to preserve highlights? 

*RAW histogram

*Rear Command Wheel-Customize-Push to Initiate AF (Back button AF too small a button)

*ISO-Shutter Speed Lens Dependent

*Blinkies Full Frame in Review (Or live view if possible)

*Highlight overexposure prevention option.

*All buttons more customizable

*More items in "Q" menu

• I would like to see all the GFX aspect ratios on the X-T2: 4:3, 5:4, 7:6, 1:1, 3:2, 16:9, 65:24

Also would like to have more control of the JPG compression

Turn off noise reduction completely 

If possible make AF tracking even faster

Customize EVF view mode button so I don't have to go trough all the options

New Film simulations