Fujinon XF 18mm F2 Mark II Rumors

Patrick FR

Thinking if I should get the 16 1.4 instead of waiting for new 18 f/2. This is not even on fujis lens roadmap, so who knows. It could be late 2018 for all we know.

But the 16 looks big and is a lot of $. But that 1.4 aperture and macro capabilities is really tempting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The 16mm is great - but it is big, and it is expensive. The current 18mm is small, and cheap. This is a picture of my eldest daughter, taken with the 16mm2a6cb5b4ba3af4f286aa654e6b3d7898.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Warwick, I heard from an well informed source that the size of XF18 MK II will be almost the same size as XF16mm is. Probably also more expensive as the original XF18.

Edited by Valdo

Warwick, I heard from an well informed source that the size of XF18 MK II will be almost the same size as XF16mm is. Probably also more expensive as the original XF18.

lol, what source. I'm sure FUJIRUMORS.com has more sources and I haven't heard anything about the 18 being same size as the 16.

lol, Fujirumors is not a source, lol !

Dear Hermelin, what do you think about yourself?

Fujrumors is a source for rumors from credible sources which has been proven being correct 9/10 times.

You're just a member in a forum like me. But if you have a reliable source I would like to know what kind of source. I just find it hard to believe that you know anything before FUJIRUMORS does

I don't know, I don't have any source. But it would make no sense if the 18 f/2 MK II would be as a big as the 16 f/1.4.

One of the selling point of the 18 is the size.

Edited by Hermelin

• 1 month later...

Well, I read all the posts on this topic, and it's not clear to me if there will be a version II of the 18 f2 or not.

But, I bought an X-Pro 2 Graphite kit with the 23mm f2 lens from B&H since so much of the Fuji product is on sale.  (It arrived on Saturday.)

So today I found a Mint- used 18mm for sale at an online camera dealer I've ordered from in the past, for quite a reduced price over a new one.  I always liked shooting with a 27mm on my 35mm cameras.

I'm new to the Fujifilm universe, but I've been reading thru the camera manual, getting used to the menu settings, and updated the firmware to 4.01.  I think it's really great that Fuji updates their firmware as often as they do.  Can't say I've had any other brand of camera that did that.

So I think I'll really enjoy shooting with the 23mm and 18mm on the X-Pro 2.

Steve