Waiting for the 16mm

photog

I am a recent convert back to Fuji. I have been a 25+ year commercial and documentary photographer who has used exclusively Canon gear. About two years ago, I gave the X-E1 a shot with a few primes, and liked it, but felt there was still too much lacking to make a serious switch over to Fuji, so I sold it and went back to the pro Canon bodies full time. Then I had the opportunity to try the X-T1 recently (Feb 2015) and the much greater range of lenses now (50-140... awesome) and was hooked. 

When shooting Canon, my two go-to lenses have always been the 24 1.4 and the 50 1.4... so I have had to make due with the Fuji 18mm or the 14mm on the wide end. Now both are great lenses and I have been happy with their performance and image quality, but I also found myself carrying both of them and switching back and forth because I never really knew which I would want to use, because the 14 was just a bit too wide sometimes, and the 18 was just a bit too tight sometimes. It made me pine for the 24mm fixed equivalent. 

Just like some photographers "see" the 35mm (Fuji 23) focal length and that is their go-to, mine has always been the combo of the 24 and the 50 (shooting full frame.)

I really hope this lens ships soon. It is rare that I wait eagerly for a lens this much, but I miss my 24 and really, really, can't wait to get it on the X-T1. 

Now on the 50mm equivalent length I could not be more pleased with both the Fuji 35 and Zeiss 32 offerings. I was able to buy both and am very torn as to which is my favorite. Both truly are fantastic.

I am glad to see this new forum up!

Cheers

Like the OP, I'm also a 24/50 user... from my Nikon F days. So I'm also looking forward to the arrival of the 16mm, but even more so the 35/2. I find the 35/1.4 and the Touit 32 to be too big for my liking. The 35/2 looks to be much smaller. Anyone hear anything about the arrival date window for the 35/2? When I saw that there was going to be a "new lens" announced on May 18, I was assuming it would be the 35/2. But no... its the 90. Oh well... more waiting. :-(