Pistol grip with X cameras

milandro

Long ago, when I had a Rolleiflex ( I’ve had a few) I learned the obvious advantages of using a pistol grip especially in combination with a prism which changed the use of the camera from waist level to eye level.

This made a much more solid grip with a camera that is essentially a box.

I’ve been thinking for a while to do the same thing with my X-T1 and I was trying to buy one of these ( there are many cheap ones on the market) when I was actually given one which may have been originally having a shutter release or perhaps was used on a film camera like a Super 8. 

So here it is, apologies for the quality of the pics, obviously made with a not so good phone ( I don’t need a good phone camera, I am a proper photographer after all!).

There are obvious advantages in using this both for portrait shooting position ( vertical) or landscape ( horizontal) when one, like me, has chosen to use a Lplate.

You could, if you want to do this even faster, use an arca-clone plate on the grip and then switching would be a snip.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by milandro

• 4 weeks later...

and now this pistol grip used together with a monopod , great way to re use things that one might already have.

Note that I have installed an Arca compatible L plate clamp for quickly engaging and disengaging the camera

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 1 month later...