SD Card Query

Baddoch

Hi All

My XT5 tells me that my newly formatted 64gb card has a capacity of 183 photos, which is much less than it had previously.  It also tells me that by 32gb card has the same capacity which sounds about right.  When I put the cards in my XT20 however the capacity of the 64 gb card is double that of the smaller one which is what I'd expect.  

Daft laddie question - why?  Is it me?

Thanks

Ian 

If your image frame numbers with the X-T5 are "99xx", my first thought is that your X-T5 is set for "Continuous" frame numbers and your card has run out of available numbers up to 9999. But, that your X-T20 is set to "Renew"
Go to Settings > Save Data Setting > Frame No. and choose "Renew". Reformat the card. 

Hope that helps.

Something does not seem right.

Uncompressed raw files for the X-T5 are supposed to be around 80MB, call it 85MB just to be safe in that assumption. 183 x 85MB = 15555MB, which is about 15.6GB. Even if you are using full sized, fine jpg along with the uncompressed raw files, you would not come close to filling a newly formatted 64GB card with 183 shots.

Maybe try a new card?

Sorry, I didn't finish that comment. I don't, know what is going on but yes, try a different card. Also, always format the card in the camera. I expect you did, but I thought I would mention. There is no point in not using lossless compression by the way.

On 6/22/2024 at 12:41 AM, GordW said:

If your image frame numbers with the X-T5 are "99xx", my first thought is that your X-T5 is set for "Continuous" frame numbers and your card has run out of available numbers up to 9999. But, that your X-T20 is set to "Renew"
Go to Settings > Save Data Setting > Frame No. and choose "Renew". Reformat the card. 

Hope that helps.

GordW, Jerryy and BobJ - thanks all for your taking the time and trouble to reply - I've been a bit busy with family stuff  and only got round to looking at this today.  GordW - thanks - you get the gold star, I followed your advice and cards now functioning properly.

Best to you all