Upset at the Vertical Grip discount for 100

Brooklynboy

what are you upset about? It is a well known fact that the people whom buy first pay more for something that later on will be discounted, besides, isn’t this te case with any special offer, they appear when products need a push and they aren’t there when products push themselves.

How do you think the people whom bought a X-E2 when after some time the camera was on the market had a drop in price of almost 50%?

I ordered the grip for my X-T2 a week before the deal. Then preordered the Graphite X-T2 a few days before the deal. I was hoping I could get the grip deal with it because it would be nice to have for $100 more, but it was only available with the black version which I already owned. I then had to decide if ordering Graphite Silver was worth a $400 price increase over the black for just a color. I decided it was not and now have a second black X-T2 with grip. In a way I am upset that they offered the deal so close to the launch of the graphite version without including it. I thought $200 was already a bit much just for a color, but I certainly couldn't justify $400 and I really wanted the graphite silver.

I had the body and the grip on order when the deal was announced but couldn't change because they were coming from two different places and one had shipped. If they'd announced the deal earlier, then people who ordered before that would be disgruntled. Just how it goes.

This camera was released last June/July? It sort of disappoints me when people have to wait to buy this camera. I had to wait 1 to 2 weeks for my X-t2. It bothered me, because I wanted it right away and also needed someone to be home to receive it. Why are they producing Silver X-t2's when people can't buy regular black X-t2's?

If you wanna be a pioneer, you are gonna get hit with arrows.  That's the way it goes.  If you wait a bit, you'll get a better deal.  

I'm waiting until that grip is under $250US....  When will that happen?  Maybe never, but in all honesty I really don't need it just yet.

J

It seems Fuji gear is on sale at one time or another. We should just wait for their sales and then the prices will come even lower. Same with Brick and mortar department stores. Only go when they have a sale (except for the holidays of course-but then buy early or with a gift card).

Edited by algrove

I lucked out for once. Just ordered from B&H the kit with grip 18-55 and 35. Only problem is I am an instant gratification person and the site shows 7-14 days and I am not even sure if that is a real number because it says that everyday. Usually I will pay more for instant gratification. But I am holding strong now. I could go to Amazon and get it all individually but with B&H i get the kit deal and no taxes. It's just SO hard waiting. And I just know when they do ship it will ship on a Wed which means 3 day shipping turns into 5 days because of the weekend. 

I ordered the kit with the grip and 18-55 from Adorama last week and it shipped on Thursday 2/2.  Will be watching for the brown truck on Monday!

Oh that was quick. B&H Still shows 7-14 days but I would imagine if Adorama has them B&H should be getting them. I could have checked Adorama but I just always go B&H. I visited them on my vacation to NY years ago and the place showed me there was a heaven. It was awesome and so efficient. So I just forget there are other places. Amazon can't compete because they wimped out against CA and started charging sales tax. This waiting is killing me.

Strange, checked Adorama and it shows back-ordered.

Edited by EvolutionX

Oh that was quick. B&H Still shows 7-14 days but I would imagine if Adorama has them B&H should be getting them. I could have checked Adorama but I just always go B&H. I visited them on my vacation to NY years ago and the place showed me there was a heaven. It was awesome and so efficient. So I just forget there are other places. Amazon can't compete because they wimped out against CA and started charging sales tax. This waiting is killing me.

Strange, checked Adorama and it shows back-ordered.

I've ordered and received two from Adorama in the last month. I received them within a week. I tend to go back and forth between Adorama and B&H. I think more people shop B&H so if you are trying to get something in short supply, it seems in my experience, that you have a better chance of getting it sooner from Adorama.

• 3 weeks later...

If you wanna be a pioneer, you are gonna get hit with arrows.  That's the way it goes.  If you wait a bit, you'll get a better deal.  

I'm waiting until that grip is under $250US....  When will that happen?  Maybe never, but in all honesty I really don't need it just yet.

J

Yeah I'm with you on this. The grip is a very desirable accessory, but the price is outrageous at present.

I'll be in Vegas in a couple of months, hopefully win a few bucks in coincidence with a price cut ... hey, it could happen! 

This camera was released last June/July? It sort of disappoints me when people have to wait to buy this camera. I had to wait 1 to 2 weeks for my X-t2. It bothered me, because I wanted it right away and also needed someone to be home to receive it. Why are they producing Silver X-t2's when people can't buy regular black X-t2's?

You are going to suffer a lot if such trivia is important to you

I just bought the grip for 287€ two weeks ago...  :rolleyes: But of course it wouldn't have made a difference since I bought the X-T2 in December anyways...

But rather call me a fool for buying the X-Pro2 and the XF 35/2 seperately (on the same day) instead of the kit (at the time I hadn't realized there was such a kit available) :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: