Fuji X-T50

Fujiron

My Charcoal X-T50 arrived today and here are my first impressions: 

It's small. If you take away the flash dome it's the same size as my Leica D-Lux7. Its small size requires me to learn to grip it differently than my other Fujis especially my X-H2s.

It's heavier than I thought it would be and feels heavier than my X-T1.

I love, love, love the film sim dial and have programmed the C-1-3 with other Fuji sims that aren't designated on the dial.

IMHO it's a beautiful camera that is laid out similarly to my other Fujis although the tiny joy stick will take some getting used to.

I also love, love, love the digital 1.4 and 2 TC and have programed the back dial to initiate them.

On one side of the viewfinder is the diopter control and on the other side is a programmable button that I didn't notice until programming the buttons showed it but it is a cool feature although difficult to get to if you are holding the camera to your eye.

Things I don't like:

It came with an uncharged battery. I've never gotten a new Fuji with a dead battery until this one. Fortunately I've got several of the 126s batteries that are charged.

No hot shoe cover. I know this is supposed to be a budget X-T5 but come on Fuji a matching hot shoe cover doesn't cost that much.

No manual. I know manuals are a cost cutback for camera companies and I've downloaded one from the Fuji site but for $1399 it should be included.

These are first out of the box impressions and I have not shot with it yet or processed any images and will post some when I do. 

I received my X-T50 two days ago.  I did not have time to take it out until this afternoon.  It is hot today, but not excessively so.  My car thermometer indicated 93 deg F, and the weather app on my phone said 92. I took 30 photos in a span of about 45 minutes.  The camera started feeling very warm and a warning appeared saying I was approaching the high temperature limit.  This would make sense if I were taking videos, but these were just still photos.  Does it seem strange to anyone else that the camera would reach such a high temp at 92-93 degrees ambient temperature?  I have another question. I was looking for a support phone number or email on the Fujifilm website but could not find one.  Does anyone know how to contact Fujifilm support to inquire about this high temperature condition?

Interesting to hear about the heat issue and sorry for your experiencing it. On the Oregon coast we don't have to worry about heat as it rarely gets above 76 deg. F. I had an opportunity to field test mine on a 7.1 mile hike in the woods of the Oregon coast. We climbed 1,300 feet with different temperature zones on each side of the mountain. 

The first thing I noticed is how the closeness of the controls on the small body make it easy to push buttons or hit the shutter button when taking it out and putting it in a bag. It can make for some interesting things appearing in the viewfinder that have to be reset before taking a picture. The size of it is really requiring a different way of handling it. I've owned an X-T10 and I don't remember it being this fiddly.

The shutter button release is stiff compared to my X-H2s with its smooth release and the stiffness sometimes made me push a little to hard to get it to focus and I ended up with out of focus images from pushing too hard and tripping the shutter.

I really like the sim choice dial as it has a cool semi circle display that shows the film sim selected and a picture of the film canister. I also really like Reala Ace and it has become my fav sim. It will be nice when it is available for my X-H2s.

I also did some bird photography with it and my 150-600 and really like the built in digital tele convertors. I noticed very little image degradation even with the 2X multiplier. The issue is the size of the camera to the size of the lens making it difficult to balance so I'll be staying with the X-H2s combo in the future and use the X-T50 for hikes, travel and landscapes.

So overall, as with any camera, there are things to like and dislike based on personal preference. What I'm most disappointed in is DXO PR4 not recognizing the files.

I'd publish some images but I don't like the way they appear on this site and it wouldn't be a good representation. I will also add to my review from time to time as I use the camera more.