Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

Let's try an group the reviews for the new camera here...

As an X-photographer, I shot an X-100F for a few weeks and my review can be found here:

http://bjornmoerman.blogspot.dk/2017/01/first-look-fujifilm-x-100f-review.html

Always happy to answer questions here or on my blog.

Regards,

BJORN

Nice review. I'm considering replacing my X100T with the X100F. I haven't been using my X100T much recently for two reasons. The first is the AF feels very outdated compared to the new models. No real multi-point AF. The second is that it uses a different battery and I hate carrying multiple battery types and chargers. I'm also liking the X-T20, but I think I may already have too many cameras, haha. 

The lack of weather resistance and the same 6 year old lens, will make me skip this generation of the x100 series. I keep my x100t a little longer for the next generation or possibly an upcoming xe3.

Out of curiosity, is there something with the current lens you dislike? I've heard some people complain about it and others say it is great. I haven't compared it agains my 23mm F/1.4 or F/2 lenses. My X100T has been more of a fun camera than one I've taken out on a serious shoot so I never really looked into the lens quality that much.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I think most of current X100 series user expected the X100F to be a WR camera especially with that price tag even thought some of the new feature in X100F are very interesting and welcomed. Since majority of X100 user use this camera as documentary/street/carry all the time kind of camera, WR is important to keep user ease that their camera will not spoil by little rainy or moisture environment. About the 6 year old len in X100 serious...i just read some review say that because it cannot be seal/WR so the X100F make as none WR...I don't know that the correct decision or not but for sure will raise some argument that why not redesign a new one??? Anyhow our of us might got different perspective of new X100 and fujifilm cannot satisfied all of us. X100T of mine still very fun to use and I will keep it until another new X100 that can change my mine :D

Hi,

Let's try an group the reviews for the new camera here...

As an X-photographer, I shot an X-100F for a few weeks and my review can be found here:

http://bjornmoerman.blogspot.dk/2017/01/first-look-fujifilm-x-100f-review.html

Always happy to answer questions here or on my blog.

Regards,

BJORN

Thank you for the review. I'm switching from a X100s to the f and I'm pretty keen how all those little tweaks and additions will feel. For my X100s I owned a LC-X100s leather case. Will the case also fit on the X100f? Any clue? Asking because I saw a case like the LC-X100s on one of your pictures...

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By pterosaur
      SOLVED: I feel like a silly goose but I'll leave this here for anybody who finds this helpful. Originally posted this query because what I saw through the optical viewfinder was LARGER than the picture that is actually taken. This is just how the OVF in this camera works: it's bigger than what's actually seen by its lens. Never personally encountered this before in a camera. No, you cannot disable this behavior.
      Original post:
      Hi all, I'm new to this forum and just purchased a used X100F (an upgrade for me... I've spent time behind a Nikon film camera and an older model of Fujifilm X. I spend most of my time taking pictures of flowers).
      I've been struggling with one particular feature, not knowing how to disable it, not knowing what it's called in the menu system: When I look through the OVF and press shutter lightly to autofocus, sometimes the frame lines contract pretty small. It's like there's a "smart auto-crop" deciding how to frame my photo. But I want to be able to decide that for myself. This only happens when my eye is to the OVF; it doesn't happen on the LCD screen.
      Can I turn this feature off? Or is this permanent, in OVF? Or is my camera malfunctioning? (bought it used...dual viewfinder is out-of-order, for one) More context: I am not using a teleconverter. I'm not using zoom. I've been perusing reviews, forums, the user manual... nothing sounds like what I'm describing.
      Does anyone know what this is called and whether I can disable this feature? Thank you in advance!
    • By Xptto
      Hi Guys,

Any luck with this software using an X100F?
      If so please share the procedures.
      I'm using windows 10/ direct cable to the computer (no hubs in beetween).
      The green led in the back of the camera just blinks after I switched it on with the cable pluged in to the PC.

Thanks in advance,

• By Fujistreet
      A series of street photography taken in Hong Kong from 2017 to 2020 with X100F.
      There will be 11 videos in total. The first one is about light and shadow.

• By trnfncb11
      I understand that face detection disables photometry. But I notice some undocumented inconsistencies when face-detection is selected, depending on OVF/EVF selection:
      With EVF, the metering icon in the viewfinder displays the appropriate face-detection/eye-detection icon. Photometry choice is disabled. So far so good.
      With OVF on / dual EVF off, the metering icon in the viewfinder keeps displaying the underlying selected photometry icon (although photometry selection is disabled). This is wrong and confusing.
      With OVF on / dual EVF on, the metering icon also keeps displaying the photometry choice, but it is yellow-colored (undocumented). In addition, a function key assigned to photometry appears to be active, you can choose a photometry mode and the choice is regularly reflected in the viewfinder. Again utterly misleading.
      Can somebody explain?
    • By Bradley Stearn
      I've been trying to save 2 different colour presets onto my X100f. I've been inputting the presets for a HP5 acros look, and a kodachrome look based off classic chrome.
      I go into the Q menu, create the look on a custom setting, so for example the Hp5 look on C1. I then make the Kodachrome look on C2. The C1 Hp5 look is then deleted. What am I doing wrong? How do I save multiple colour profiles at the same time?