XT1 or XT10

Blake10

Need some help here. New to Fuji. I have some experience with Cameras. Not a lot but some. I had a Canon t4i and a Panasonic G5. I really liked both. Sold the Canon and working on selling the G5. I have been doing quite a bit of research and really like the Fuji colors and also most of the pictures I have seen. My questions are? How hard is it to learn the Fuji system? The Menus? I read somewhere that the Fuji xt! is difficult to learn for someone who has little knowledge about Fuji. I can get either for about the same price.  I shoot everything. When I take my Camera with me. If I see something that catches my eye I take a picture. So I really dont shoot just one thing. Just depends on where Im at. Which would you buy? Thanks for any response. Im also in the US if that matters. 

Guest welshkc

I came from Nikon and have not found the menu too difficult.  The manual dials and methods in the Fuji keeps you out of the menus.  Everything I need is in the Quick menu. Mostly I change the film simulation, I like to see B&W in the viewfinder, but shoot Raw+Fine.  I get better composition that way.  Also use the timer for long exposure.  Other things like face detection and image shape/size are assigned to other buttons.  Sometimes I want square format and face detection quickly.

If you shoot frequently then you will nail down the menus quite fast and, like I said above, the Fuji dials keeps you out of the menu anyway.

My X-T1 is almost always in Aperture priority with minimum shutter at 1/100 and maximum ISO at 6400.  B&W film simulation to get monochrome EVF and focus on manual, but using back-button with blue focus assist.  That covers most every situation no matter what lens is on or how the light is coming in. Put it to my eye, use the D-pad to select focus point, hit the AF back-button and use the blue outline to be sure I got what I want and pull the trigger.  Super fast and always right.

Menu?  What menu?  LOL

Ed

Need some help here. New to Fuji. I have some experience with Cameras. Not a lot but some. I had a Canon t4i and a Panasonic G5. I really liked both. Sold the Canon and working on selling the G5. I have been doing quite a bit of research and really like the Fuji colors and also most of the pictures I have seen. My questions are? How hard is it to learn the Fuji system? The Menus? I read somewhere that the Fuji xt! is difficult to learn for someone who has little knowledge about Fuji. I can get either for about the same price.  I shoot everything. When I take my Camera with me. If I see something that catches my eye I take a picture. So I really dont shoot just one thing. Just depends on where Im at. Which would you buy? Thanks for any response. Im also in the US if that matters. 

I'm a long time Canon user and recently picked up the X-T10. Prior to purchasing, I had the Sony A6000. I can tell you that it was very easy to learn and one thing I appreciated most was the simplified menu system of Fuji compared to Sony. Most of all, I really enjoy shooting with this camera. The retro look, all the dials...I'm really enjoying it. Not to mention the awesome colors it produces. 

As far as why I went w/ the X-T10 vs T1, this is more of a leisure/back up camera for me and from everything I read, the X-T10 is pretty much identical without weather sealing and perhaps smaller. But I personally don't think you can go wrong either way. 

Edited by dilleyo725

I was 30 years with Nikon and shifted to XT-1, menus are very clear. Its like the old saying, once you know a system it is easy. But I hardly use the menus at all, everything that is important is on top [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...