photometry not working

_Ken_

I understand the different modes and am aware of the eye recognition setting that disables photometry. My photometry settings are not greyed out but when I change them I do not see any difference in the actual metering: Spot looks the same as multi, etc in the EV and screen. Could it be something in my EV settings?

Thanks for any help.

Your metering may be fine, usually there is not a lot of difference being displayed on the lcd or evf when changing metering mode, except for using spot metering in very high contrast scenes.

Some more things to check:

Interlock Spot AE & Focus Area turned on: https://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x-t4/menu_shooting/af_mf_setting/index.html

Preview Exp./WB In Manual Mode on or off: https://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x-t4/taking_photo/shooting_mode/index.html

In the displays there should be an exposure indicator meter, and you can turn on the histogram to display as well. These will give you a better idea of your scene(s)’ exposure.

If you point the camera towards a high contrast scene, maybe a tv showing a movie, and cycle through the metering modes, the lcd and evf will seem to not change much —— the exposure meter and histogram will change, once you get to spot metering depending on where you move the focus point, you will get some changes. The exposure indicator and histogram will definitely change.

If you find that your screen is consistently over or under exposed compare to the jpg, you can adjust the brightness settings to make the two match better. This will have no effect on the raw file.

Edited by jerryy