XF 50-140mm

ron.wightman

Yip mine is tight as well. Only suggestion is to very gently trim  ie with watch makers file or very fine wet and dry paper.  Using a powerful magnifier look for the area were there is clear rubbing. Little test little and test is the rule.  At very worst it is replaceable.

XF 50-140 f2.8 - One of my fav go to lenses. Always sharp, clear and beautiful. The lens hood has always been a tight fit. Does not bayonet smoothly and snap in place like the others. Is it just the particular lense I have? Anyone else have the same experience?

I'm not real excited about any of the lens hoods (or front and rear caps) that Fuji makes.  I'm comparing them to the Nikon equivalent to which I had been accustomed.  Every brand has some special area of weakness and this is Fuji's.  Not a reason to abandon the rest of the system but it is an area of constant annoyance.

[At least in the case of front lens caps, when a replacement is needed a Nikon of the same size is a definite improvement.]

• 3 weeks later...