Thumb rest on XT10 has come off (again) ...

manwithglasses

Hi, for the second Fuji camera in a row, the little thumb rest on the right of the camera (in my case an XT10) has come off. I thought I could manage without it but you need something there to make the camera easier to hold.

Is it ok to just superglue the thing back on, or could that lead to damage to the camera (either internal or external).

And does anyone recommend the thumbrest from Lensmate, or the slightly cheaper one from Mengs? 

Any thumbrest relying on connection with the hot shoe has potential hazards because the same forces which made your rubber thumbrest come off will have a much higher impact on the hot shoe thumbrest.

Any thumbrest which is sufficiently long ( some are too short) will, somehow, improve handling but you have to be aware that they are, at least potentially, dangerous. Glueing back the rubber thumbrest shouldn't be a problem if you use an adhesive that can be applied on rubber. Silicone kit is generally harmless and you can glue rubber. You could also use Sugru and shape a thumbrest as you please. The results are generally a bit industrial but some manage to get better results than others.

Edited by milandro