X-T2 Graphite Silver Edition

sgmcenroe

I loved the color when it came out on the X-T1, but already had the black one and couldn't justify buying a second body, especially for more money. I think part of that was the timing of the release and the fact the X-T1 wasn't quite there performance wise at the time for me so I was still holding onto my Canon gear. I was really hoping they would have released a silver or graphite version of the X-Pro2 or X-T2 at launch, but they didn't. Between the X-Pro2 and X-T2, I found the performance to be better than my Canon 6D and have moved to Fujifilm 100% so I am glad they released this graphite silver version. I've been trying to hold off on buying the second X-T2 so I could get a silver version. I do agree the $200 up charge seems to be a bit much for just a color change.

I just cancelled my preorder on the Graphite Silver X-T2 today. I was willing to pay the $200 more, but with the new deals in the US when you buy the black version and booster griper, you get $230 off, it makes the price swing that much more. I ordered the grip for my black X-T2 this week. I could now combine that order with a black X-T2 to get $230 of that back resulting in a savings of $430 buying the black version over the graphite silver or I could buy a second black version with the grip for $100 less than the graphite silver. I really wanted the graphite silver color, but unfortunately this much of a price difference is no longer justifiable. 

Nick05 - my thoughts exactly.  I saw the soon to be special pricing on the X-T2 and grip and I am going that way too.  I am going to Europe in 5 months and was hoping that the X-T2 would go on sale before then.  I am sort of surprised that it went on sale this early, as it still seems to sell out immediately when a store gets them in.

Marketing Fluff - even if it is pretty.  The camera makers are finally learning from the car guys who play this trick every day (Hasselblad of course took the cake with the wooden Sony E).

But what if they come out with matching Graphite Gaffer Tape to cover the name?

• 3 weeks later...

I was tempted to order the Silver/Graphite XT2 with grip combo, but only because a few places actually have them stocked. But, I've decided against paying the extra $200, so I'll just have to patiently await for Fuji to start filling back orders :/. I hope it doesn't take them too long..

• 2 months later...

Nick05 - my thoughts exactly.  I saw the soon to be special pricing on the X-T2 and grip and I am going that way too.  I am going to Europe in 5 months and was hoping that the X-T2 would go on sale before then.  I am sort of surprised that it went on sale this early, as it still seems to sell out immediately when a store gets them in.

How the heck can you go off to Europe for five months?  Just asking...  I travel a lot, but it's usually two-three weeks at a time as my job (IT Manager) keeps me grounded.

Edited by jlmphotos

jlmphotos - read closer -  going to Europe IN five months.  Not FOR.  Now it is only a month away.  Going to Tuscany, Umbria and Rome for about 3 weeks is all.  Going to leave the battery pack at home but take the extra batteries. Don't plan on shooting any action soccer photos and the weight reduction will be a plus.