Stuck Wasabi Batteries

Therapeuo63

I discovered that the Wasabi batts get stick in my X-Pro1.  I can get them out using a piece of tape so they are not stuck too firmly.  I decided to sell my Pro1 (not because of this) and ordered a minty used X-T1 today.  Does anyone know if this problem also occurs on the X-T1?  I'm trying to avoid the high price tag of the Fuji OEM batteries so if anyone is using a different aftermarket batt what would you suggest?

Thanks

Guest welshkc

It is because the batteries have swollen.  Throw them away before they ruin your camera.  If you set them on a flat surface and push the corners, I bet they will rock.  You can keep buying the cheap batteries, I do, but check them for issues like swelling and ditch them when it happens.

Ed

Buy cheap and you always end up buying twice!

Far too many moans about Wasabi batteries to even consider buying then, thank goodness they are not widely available in the U.K.

Where is the logic of spending loads to buy a top notch camera and then scrimping and buying cheap batteries, doesn't make sense to me!

Edited by Mike G

I've used Wasabi batteries in my X-T1 and X-E2 when without any issues. When I got my X-Pro2 I noticed an occasional freezing of camera (could just have been the issue with the old firmware) and it seems the charge does not last as long. I haven't used them as much as I had bought extra Fujifilm ones now. I used a Wasabi one in my X-Pro2 over the holidays for photos of family opening gifts and did not have any issues with it so it is difficult to say if they were the cause of the freezing.

Where is the logic of spending loads to buy a top notch camera and then scrimping and buying cheap batteries, doesn't make sense to me!

For the record; third party does not have to mean cheap or low quality. If Duracell ever decides to bring out Fujifilm compatible batteries, I'll be first in line to order them, based on my experience with them when I used Canon cameras. They were not that much cheaper than the OEM batteries, but held a better charge, and showed far less ageing.

Unfortunately Duracell does not offer a NP-W126 substitute. Or at least did not when I last checked. I settled on Hähnel because they also have a good reputation, and have a clear warranty statement.

Edit: just Googled, and it seems they do offer NP-W126 batteries now indeed! Whenever my Hähnels get worn out, I know what I will choose.

Edited by johant

Had a similar problem but with my Watson replacement, worked fine in my xt-10 but when I got the xt-2 I used the Watson and had difficulty removing it, I figured it was due to swelling or slightly smaller battery compartment on the xt-2, still using it on the x-t10 with no problems

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Batteries will all, at some point, get damaged by the recharging cycles, also original NP-W126 will ( run a search on line, several reports) albeit possibly later than third parties batteries.

My macbook battery swell up too (original part) and nearly destroyed the computer from inside this has nothing to do with parts being original or not. It has to do with the way some batteries respond to aging and repeated loading cycles.

Indeed even Fuji batteries are third parties batteries, Fuji doesn’t make them! They buy them under tighter specs than other makers but they are batteries like all others.

Duracell is a well known name but there is nothing in that name to suggest they are any better than other makers. They too will get damaged.

As soon as you notice bulging discard (dispose in appropriate manner) and replace.

As for batteries, quality varies greatly, have you read this?

http://www.fujirumors.com/tested-third-party-fuji-batteries-inflated-capacity-values-some-batteries-almost-fraud-and-the-winner-is/

Edited by milandro