A few questions from a new member

I just picked up a X-Pro 2 along with a XF 35mm f/1.4 and I'm confused about a few things. Is bright view for zoom lenses? I don't understand how to use that information and am thinking it might for for a lense other than what I'm using. I'm also not sure about the viewfinder selection. I can only switch from EVF to OVF. When I toggle the viewfinder selector, it goes from optical to electronic, but I have yet to see the ERF. The manual also refers to the Aperture mode switch when shooting in the different modes, (shutter, aperture, manual) but the XF 35mm doesn't have one. I thought it was a lense for this camera, did I buy the wrong lense or am I missing something? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Confusing, ain't it? I have an X-Pro 2 as well and I feel your pain.

No you didn't buy the wrong lens, the "XF" lenses will operate on the Fuji X series cameras. What you are seeing is that some lenses (Fuji and Nikon are the two I am most familiar with) have left off the Aperture ring and you set the aperture on the camera. As for the ERF/OVF/EVF those selections are made by what I _thought_ was the self-timer switch (on the camera front) and one of the Function buttons.

Bottom line is that like me you are going to have to learn a new language! A hard slog but worth it. I got the X-Pro 2 manual in pdf, printed it out 8 1/2 x 11 and scribbled all over it. Just got the 115 X-Pro 2 hints book and am absorbing it as well.

Keep asking. Lots of people here will chime in with good dope to help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

The XF 35mm f1.4 is a great lens. It has an aperture ring on it. If you want the aperture to be set automatically, turn the ring to A. If you want to set the aperture manually, turn it to whichever aperture you like. It's as simple as that.

For the electronic rangefinder, try pushing the viewfinder switch the other way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chucktin and Warwick, thanks for the replies. It really is a new language. I've been trying to play with it throughout the day, still wondering if I'm doing things right. I put a version of the manual on my phone, iPad, desktop and carry the hard copy. I'll have to check out the book you mentioned. Have a Merry Christmas and thanks again

I pickup my X-Pro 2 and my fingers remember the Nikon SP. the Fuji seems thicker and the SP had a more "mechanical" feel too it.

I wonder, was there ever any independent ergonomic design studies done for the optimal placement of the controls, levet, buttons on camera chassis? Some are just where they should be, other less so. Would help if my hands were 3/4 size with extra knuckles.

I have yet to try the (Android) remote app, but I remain foolishly (?) hopeful that I can put that to use so I can see what I'm doing on a 7" tablet.

If wishes were fishes ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk