XT2 bugs

Torturro

Hi

bought my xt2 in oct 2016. Have been using it everyday quite a lot for last 2 months.

Here is what I observed:

1: Camera makes files itself: black,in series of up to 50 files from time to time.

2: in Bulb mode after 5 minutes exposure camera takes ages ie 25 minutes to process, wont stop processing has to take off bateries to stop processing.

3: Sometimes it wont turn on (batteries ok, with battery grip)

anyone having such problems?

beside this - great camera - even though definately not worth the price tag diffrence from xt1.

Edited by Torturro

Hi

bought my xt2 in oct 2016. Have been using it everyday quite a lot for last 2 months.

Here is what I observed:

1: Camera makes files itself: black,in series of up to 50 files from time to time.

2: in Bulb mode after 5 minutes exposure camera takes ages ie 25 minutes to process, wont stop processing has to take off bateries to stop processing.

3: Sometimes it wont turn on (batteries ok, with battery grip)

anyone having such problems?

beside this - great camera - even though definately not worth the price tag diffrence from xt1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try a new card.

Sounds like the camera is gagging on the card(s).

The camera hates to turn off until it's done writing to the card (to prevent loss of the image).

If the camera is unable to write it won't shut off.

Try a new card (fastest) to exclude that as the culprit.

Try a new card.

Sounds like the camera is gagging on the card(s).

The camera hates to turn off until it's done writing to the card (to prevent loss of the image).

If the camera is unable to write it won't shut off.

Try a new card (fastest) to exclude that as the culprit.

Thanks for suggestions - but no. Tried 3 SunDisc cards - apart from that - camera is working weird - suspended somehow - just because I switch it off - after lets say 20 minutes - thats when it writes it's stuff to the card - and in a matter of 2-5 seconds - after writing its turned off. 

Meaning: its a bug - that suspends camera after long exposure not letting it finish the process.

• 1 year later...

Black frames sounds like the camera was accidentally on - say in your camera bag, for example. I have had that happen with x100f & xpro2 and each time was due to the way I placed it in the camera bag with the strap around the lens.

Bulb issue - are you using a cable release to open and close the shutter? Would be helpful to describe more detail of how the camera is set up , tripod, cable, etc.

Edited by Mb.kinsman

Hi. Have not posted in this thread for a while.

I returned my camera on a warranty for check-up.

Unfortunatelly - they didn't  find any problems - which means - I still have to follow my routine - and occasionally turn the camera on couple of times after switching batteries.

Lately - camera stopped responding at all - had to take off batteries to restart.

Thank you for your comments.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

2.Off.

3.On/Off via switch. Sometimes just dont work. Have to turn on twice.

Will do the firmware update and will see if any better.

If I turn the cam off and immediately on again, that does not work.

After switching to "off", the cam needs some time and does not like to be disturbed... :P

Wait 2 seconds, then switch to "on".

Please get the latest firmware 4.00 as on 2018-05-10 :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue.  One month old camera.  X-T2s have an electrical issue and I'm surprised Fuji hasn't found this and fixed it.  Some of them simply seize up...it just happens.   It's not overheating, grips, faulty SD cards, or batteries...it's just a reliability or quality control issue and once the store's return period expires you have to rely on the warranty repair and invariably Fuji will not be able to duplicate the error.  This is my conclusion after spending hours of researching this online this evening.  If you are one of the unlucky owners you just have to deal with the gremlins.  It's very unfortunate and some of us have this happen on paid shoots when we need these cameras to power up and function properly.  With so many people experiencing these freezes they really should address it.  I love Fuji and for now will stick with it but I would not recommend these cameras yet for paid professional work.  They might get there but still not ready for prime time I'm afraid.   The small form factor, excellent user interface and advantages of EVF can't compensate for a dead camera, puzzled photographer and a frustrated client.