Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Maluga

Firmware update focus problems

Has anyone else noticed trouble focusing on people in the foreground since the latest firmware updates? I noticed the camera really seems to prioritise something in the background over the foreground. Sure you can say switch to single point focusing (which I do) but I noticed the camera was much better at finding something in the foreground before the updates.

​Using Xpro2 with 16mm 1.4 and 35mm 2.0

All I can say is I've never noticed this not being a problem with Fuji cameras. Unless the focus box (in whatever mode) is filled entirely by the foreground subject, the camera will likely focus on the background.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Dänjo
      I saw a post of 2015 about the same topic but in that thread it was about 3 prime lenses. It was really interesting to see the results. But what about 2 prime lenses? This question is different because you have to limit yourself even more. 
      What is your 2 prime lens combo? For which shooting style do you need them? How do you use them? Why do you like them? 
      Greetings:)
    • By severnbore
      Hi
      I find that when using my Fuji 100-400 lens with the matching 1.4X extender at full reach my photos reveal a sort of halo effect around the subjects as shown in this small section of a recent picture.
      The photo was taken a 1/1000th hand held and I have tried keeping the OS on and OS off, but with no difference. I have no problems when not using the extender and get pin sharp pictures throughout the range
      Any thoughts and ideas would be welcome

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By paulbroad
      British heavy bomber rear gunner. Museum display. XT-3 focus stacking feature.
    • By yukosteel
      Initial lens review of Viltrox 85mm F1.8 lens on Fujifilm X-T30 camera.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.  
    • By nico-m
      Hello everyone, 
      First post on this forum so let me introduce myself : Nicolas, fuji x100 user when this camera was released, sold it and regret it, fuji x100f user for a month.
      I would like to report an odd behavior which is supposed to be fixed in the latest firmware as per Fuji detailed report here https://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/x100f/history.html
      0/ my fuji X100F is running the latest firmware (2.11)
      1/ In manual focus mode:
      2/ Whether:
      I use the AEL/AFL button to acquire focus Or use the front ring to manually focus (the area in focus is highlighted with the focus peak option so I know precisely what is in focus)
      3/ AND focusing at short distance (less than 50 cm)
      4/ AND using any aperture smaller than f/2.0 (the smallest the aperture, the biggest lens moves: see point 5/ below)
      5/ When I press the shutter button, the lens slightly moves (obvious move) before the picture is acquired, thus ruining what is in focus.
      I have repeated the same process in AF/S and everything works fine.
      Anyone experienced this behavior?
      Do you know if the fuji website has a link to submit incident request?
      Thanks for reading !
      Nicolas