X-E2 battery issue

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi guys,

I have an issue here with my X-E2 battery, my battery indicator will always at the full bar, when the battery is low, it will just shut down when I turn on the camera, it still can be turned on many time and in a second it will just shut down, after that I take out the battery for charging, after that it back to normal again. Anyone have the same issue with the battery? The battery indicator will always on full bar and just shut down when low battery. One more question how long or how many shoot does your X-E2 battery last normally? Mine is around 3-4 hour shoot for an event, around 100-150 raw photo. Is that normal?

yes, it is normal. the capacity isnt very large. also if you use a third party battery, they usually last less than the original from fuji. they show that they are fully charged for a long time and then suddenly drop power.. maybe that is your case. if you have the original fuji battery, it is also possible, that the battery went through too many charging cycles and is tired and the capacity is simply too low. to save battery, try to turn off your camera as often as possible so that the rear display or the evf display do not eat battery power. i have one original that came with the camera and two pieces of cheap alternatives. usually its sufficient for one day of casual photographing.

• 3 months later...

Owning a couple of batteries is not a luxury that one should be thinking too much about so the solution to this problem is rather simple.

However, and please don’t take this the wrong way, you are saying that you are displeased with shooting for 3-4 hours and yielding 150 pictures as a result.

I understand that nowadays the trend is shooting a lot first and go through thousands of shots to chose from after but there has to be a way to think more and shoot less.

Seriously, when I was very young I was working for a press bureau ( although I was never a real press photographer), and they gave us one roll of +/- 36 shots, we were cutting them to size from large rolls ourselves per event.

An we were expected to bring back the beef.

However, I understand that you may be into weddings.

Those are notorious for asking a lot  from the photographer covering the event, but two batteries should be sufficient and in any event (pun) buy 3...!

Good luck!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Fujistreet
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnMOMg9s2S0 

• By Elly3
      In 2 weeks time and not in use, the battery in my XT3 is only 58% full. Camera stored with 18-55mm lens
    • By joao.cardososilva
      Hi everyone,
      I just bought recently a used Fuji X-T2 (2 years old) with very few shots (the camera is in like new condition), the camera is perfect for my kind of use (as a hobby) but I came across with a huge problem: when the battery is at 80% or less and using the mechanical shutter, after pressing the shutter button to take a photo the camera goes completely black on the LCD and EVF and freezes. I can't even turn off the camera and need to remove and replace the battery. It just crashes every single time I try shooting with mechanical shutter. Using the electronic shutter the camera works normally.
      Using the mechanical shutter, the camera works perfectly only when the battery is fully charged.
      Both firmwares (Body and Lens) are updated with the last version available.
      Please, if anyone could tell me something about this problem I would appreciate that!
    • By natswright
      I found this as a direct replacement for the NP-W126S 
      https://www.duracelldirect.co.uk/digital-camera/fujifilm/oem-pno/np-w126s.html
      Are there any others I can use. Duracell do do another battery
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/Duracell-DRFW126-Rechargeable-Lithium-Ion-Battery/dp/B01GJZLHJC/
      But this is the none S version, that has reduced capacity, especially for video?
      As the genuine batteries are so expensive, i'm looking for recommendations for a cheaper alternative
    • By Shehab Ahmed
      I just got a Fuji X-T20 2 days ago and I have some problems 
      first of all my battery takes a full day to charge which is very odd 
      secondly every time i record 4K it says “write error” however I did insert a old memory card on it with only 17mb writing speed, it works fine with 1080 recording but the problem only occurs when I record 4K. So I ordered a sanDisk extreme pro 32Gb with a 90mb writing speed and it will arrive in 3 days. 
      so can the problem be due to the old memory card or should I just return the camera and get a refund?
    • When considering the 55-200 also have a look at the 70-300. There's not much difference between f4.8 and f5.6 at the long end and the 70-300 is certainly a faster focusing lens. I'd buy the 55-200 only when it is a great second-hand deal. There's only €100 difference between the two lenses when purchased new. In that case I'd go for the 70-300, but that's just me... 😉 Best Fujifilm Telephoto Zoom Lens 2021 | Photography Blog
    • Thank you! This is great news. Fujinon XF 55-200mm f3.5-4.8 R LM OIS has got nice price, and its aperture in the range of 55-80mm is a little faster than on Fujinon XF 16-80mm f4 R OIS WR that I own, but at 200mm it's f4.8 which I can't tell is usable. I bought 16-80 for indoor sports but also for general purposes like landscape and architecture to complement my 35mm f1.4. For indoor sports, I used it in the range of 50-80mm so far, and I needed some more zoom, but I also know that at some other gyms that I've been before even the 35mm was fine when I could place myself near the court. Not sure if 55-200 is ideal solution for sports either, but it's much cheaper and lighter than 50-140. Heck I think even f2.8 is too small aperture for indoor sports. If I don't go for 50-140, I would most likely go for 55-200.
    • The push function on the rear-dials of the 'earlier' X cameras is quite prone to defects. I believe it was solved in the X-H1 and the X-T3 thereafter, but X-E3's have the earlier internal design. The push function could 'stick' in one function or between functions causing the rotate function not to work properly. If that happens, internal cleaning or replacing is the only option. Something that (most of) you can't do yourself.
    • Hi Milos, welcome. I'm too a Leica M user (M7 and M10-R) but I also use the X-Pro2. First, about the firmware updates. You can update straight to v5. Every firmware update contains the full firmware and not just the changed bits. As for the lens, Fuji has two zoom lenses that might work, but they are both a bit slower in terms of aperture. It's the 55-200 and the 70-300. Both have IOS (the X-Pro2 has not) so that is a benefit. Yet, I believe the 50-140 is the better choice for indoor sports even though the X-Pro2 isn't exactly fast in AF. Another option might be the long prime lenses. There are two in this category (I won't mention the 200mm): the 80mm macro is very sharp (allows for cropping) and has OIS but is is almost as expensive as the 50-140 and is not easily available as second-hand. The 90mm tele is one of Fuji's best lenses for portraits, is less expensive than the 80mm, but lacks OIS. It focuses very fast though. I loved that lens, but you need to learn to work with it esp. on an X-Pro2. The 50mm f2 is a very nice lens by the way and if the focal length works for you, you can crop by up to 30% (approx. 14-16MP) before quality becomes an issue.  The OVF of the X-Pro line doesn't work well with lenses longer than 50mm and the EVF of the X-Pro1 and 2 is a TFT-type that doesn't work well in low light and fast action (indoor sports). It has a poor refresh rate and in 'smears' a bit when you move the camera fast. You can however, learn to work with it even though it's not ideal. As for third-party lenses, I'm not aware of a fast 'long zoom' for X-mount. Tamron announced some lenses for X-mount (so did Sigma) but not in this category as far as I know. Their variable zoom lenses very quickly go to f4.5 or f5.6 once you zoom in. Viltrox and others focus on shorter primes for X-mount.