Could not record video on X-T1

Hai

Hello,

I am a new member and already have an issue with my newly acquired used X-T1.  I tried looking for the search feature of this forum but could not locate it.  So here is my problem:  Whenever I press on the RED button (video button) next to the ON/OFF knob, the AF MODE message came on giving me 3 options SINGLE POINT, ZONE and WIDE/TRACKING and no video. I chose one option after another and still no video recording.  I have also tried to hold down the RED video button for 2, 3 seconds, still nothing.  There must be something in the setup that messed things up.  I hope to find some help here.  Many thanks in advance.

Go into the Menu and assign the red button to Movie. You can't assign that button by pressing and holding. The previous owner has assigned it to AF Mode.

I have this particular button assigned to Preview Manual Exposure as I don't use my camera to take movies, I leave that to my phone.

Edited by MirrorMirror