I think the joystick is kinda worthless

Jwctp

• 4 months later...

Possibly make the speed adjustable...  That would work.  But, in the most recent firmware (2.00) for the X-T2 there was something about using a particular focus point in horizontal and then when switching to vertical mode, it moves to the same point where you had focused in horizontal but in the vertical mode... Does that make sense?  I'm not sure if Fuji really publicized this.  I've used it to shoot small kids moving around and it handled itself rather well when I went from shooting vertical to horizontal -- the focus point shifted to where I had focus before (the face).  Hard to explain, but it's a new feature in 2.00

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Love the joystick use it at 91 focus points, honeslty rarely need the 321 and most of the time I do i just focus manually and the point is near enough to what i want to be in focus that it still shows up in the magnified view so all is good.

I get why people would want it to be adjustable, but it does feel a bit like someone moaning about the design of the volume knob on a Ferrari, its like bigger picture here guys :)

• 3 weeks later...

One more vote in favor of the joy stick.  I rarely photograph people so a few seconds to focus is not a problem.  The joy stick frees up the multi-selector to do other things for me.  

One disclaimer:  I use manual focus with "red high peak" almost as much as I use autofocus.

Jerry

It consistently continues to move 2 or 3 boxes over, or worse (frequently) jumps to the opposite side if you tried stopping the AF point near the edge.

I'd agree here. I'd like an option to not have the af point to from the far left to the far right of I overshoot the furthest left one. Then I can wang it over to the left then back off 1 or 2 for a near left point. Maybe I'm just used to my old d810 but it seems to wind me up when I miss it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk