Fuji film simulations in Lightroom 6

John W

Hi,

Proud new owner of an X Pro 2 here...

As I'm getting to know the camera one of my first tasks is to learn the various Film Simulation modes.  I have figured out both how to change the film "stock" and also to bracket film simulation modes (great feature!).

However, when I bring the jpegs into the latest version of Lightroom CC there is no field that says which film mode the photo was taken in, so there goes my learning process.

Is there any way to display this information in Lightroom, or if not, in perhaps some other software?  Worst case scenario I will have to write down the name of a film stock and walk around taking photos with the sign in the frame -- talk about old school...

Another related question:  I feel I read somewhere that Lightroom can do its own post-processing using simulacra of Fuji film stocks.  Is this a pug-in I need to download and install, or Presets that need to be downloaded.

Thanks for any help.

LR only shows a small subset of the available EXIF data. If you want to see all, including the film sim, then use EXIFTOOL.

If you want to see all data in LR then use the plugin, available here

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/metadata-viewer

The plug in uses the EXIFTOOL to view in within the LR interface.

Second question - you can use the Fuji sims within LR on the RAW versions of the file. This is without plugin, it's within the LR Develop module. Only available to RAW files, not JPGs, which already have the sim "baked" in. With the RAW files LR allows you to change the sim in post processing.

Personally I've used the plugin I mentioned, and it works. However I just don't care anymore, I just take pics in provia and have done with it. There's really not much difference in any of them and provia works for me.

Edited by MirrorMirror