New Fujifilm X-T2 Firmware ver. 1.10 available

Patrick FR

There's a new Lock setting that can be used to lock all controls i.e the camera's dials and buttons, or a selected set of those dials and buttons. You can assign the Lock feature to a function button but as far as I can tell you have to go back into the menus to unlock the controls - it's not a toggle.

Which is a pain. Fuji, please fix.

There's a new Lock setting that can be used to lock all controls i.e the camera's dials and buttons, or a selected set of those dials and buttons. You can assign the Lock feature to a function button but as far as I can tell you have to go back into the menus to unlock the controls - it's not a toggle.

Agreed. Would to perfect if it is a toggle lock and unlock.

I set up the fn button next to the exposure comp dial to lock exposure comp.  When I press it I get the choice to lock the selected function or all functions.  If I choose lock selected function, I can then go back in using the fn button to unlock the selected function, but if I choose Lock all functions, I cannot go back in through the fn button.  I have to go back in through the menu.  

After a little experimenting I found that you can select as many functions as you like in the select functions menu and then lock and unlock them by using the fn button you have setup without going into the menu system to unlock.

Just make sure that when you choose your selected functions you do not choose the fn button that you are going to be using to lock and unlock.  I accidentally did this while experimenting and was scratching my head as to why I couldn't unlock the selected functions with the fn button.  Like a dummy it took me a couple of minutes to realize I was locking the very fn button that I had chosen of the lock/unlock function.  That is why if you choose lock all functions you cannot unlock them without going into the menu because you have inadvertently locked the fn button you have chosen for the unlock function.  

If you really want to lock everything and still not go into the menu system to unlock everything, simply choose every function in the lock selected menu besides the actual fn button you have set for the lock function and you are good to go.

Edited by mvlow

Didn't fix any of the bugs that bug me though... :(

Which makes me wonder, do we have any official way of communicating all the bugs to Fujifilm? Or maybe even any beta test program?

FYI, I can read and write Japanese, so I can help with interacting with Japanese support department if necessary.

This new plugin, Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO version 1.3, may be buggy. I paid for the new version, and it shows on "Acquired" on my Adobe Add-ons page. But have been unable to install it either via the Creative Cloud, (it doesn't appear on the activity stream) or via the Adobe Extension Manager. The Extension Manager freezes when trying to install the version 1.3 of the Fujifilm Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO. W

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...