I just want to say Thank you to Fuji. how about you?

I have been a Canon user since the AE1 Program, T90 and eventually EOS series film then digital. Currently have two Mark 3's and L glass. My kit was so heavy and i just didn't use it unless I was being paid. CPS is great and I am thankful for that system. I am a new convert to Fuji I have the X-T1 and the 23 and 56 and I carry it every where. It light, inconspicuous, super sharp, great colors. Starting shooting JPEG and I love it. Recently my wife and I did an engagement session she shot Canon with 135L glass I used the Fuji. Her in focus keeper rate was much higher. But I got crazy photos with different angles I would never get with the canon because I would be hugging the earth or hoping I could compose the shot. I love the articulating screen. It's the cats meow. I feel like the focus system is good, and i can't wait for the update. I wish they were keeping with original rumored date as I have a wedding that weekend and would love to use the camera with the improved focus system. Anyway I love my X-t1 and if I could suggest only one improvement it would be a locking mode dial. I am hard on gear and that mode dial get switched to double exposure or toy mode and it frustrates me. I love the the system. I love the community. I can't wait to see where Fuji goes next.

What a nice thread idea... we are often used to criticize Fuji on many different aspects. We need a new firmware, we desire more (or less) megapixel, we want more (or less) dials, we miss this (or that) lens, we pretend smaller (or bigger) cameras.

But we often miss the wood for the trees... and overall the system is just amazing, and just fun.

A few years ago, I was walking, alone, along the lonely northern cost of Bulgaria, sleeping in my tent or in caves. I had a heavy DSLR's system with me, and after days of walk under the sun I understood: I need it smaller & lighter. Luckily the CSC system just hit the market, and I immediatly switched to it. Olympus, then Panasonic, flirted with Sony, but in the end I stumbled on the Fuji X System, loved it, and opened FujiRumors.

What a relief... what a fun. And I discovered not to be alone. In fact, back in 2013 I wrote my "Thank You" to Fujifilm on FR here, also based on all the emails I received from FR-readers.

"Whoever enters the X-world seems to be happy with this decision. Wow, quality, passion, freedom, fun, inspiration, lightness… this, and much more, is what I read in your emails to me. If I should judge from your words, your emails, all your switch stories, well, I’d say that the X-virus can’t be stopped. But Fujirumors may not be the best place to judge the success or not of the X-series.

It’s just, I feel it in all your emails… it’s the excitement of (re)discovering photography, the fun to be creative with your camera… it’s the technology that meets our passion by combining vintage design and manual controls with top-notch digital image quality, it’s the dedication of Fujifilm to its customers.

Yes, we are (still) a small niche, but a pretty happy one :)"

So I join now and say "Thank You" to Fuji. I know we X-shooters have high expectations and that we can sometimes complaint about details. I love it how you listen to it and take it seriously. But overall we are X-shooters because you brought back fun into our photography again :)

cheers,

Patrick... a very happy X-T1 owner

I'm not an X-T1 owner, but can easily relate. I never really got into digital photography, which doesn't mean I was a big film shooter either - but I used to shoot and have a lot of fun during school days with my old film SLRs. Used to have a few digital point and shoot cameras, never liked them much, never got interested in buying a new one, always hated big clunky DSLRs. Until I saw a used X100 and just had to buy it, love on first sight. Since then I had so much fun getting back into photography and trying new stuff, it's insane. Not everything is golden in Fujiland, but for that I'll always be thankful. 

• 2 weeks later...

Started with a Canon A-1 when it first came out back in the late 70's.  Ended with a 5D2 and some nice L lenses.

Last year I sold everything Canon except for my 2.5mm wired remote which I use with an L-plate on my X-T1.

Even though I spent hours doing side-by-side comparisons looking for a reason to keep Canon... it didn't work.  More than a year later, not one regret.

Timing of the X-T1 introduction was the only shove I needed for switching to Fujifilm.

Photography is finally fun and exciting again!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking about how I can sell my 5D Mark III.

Unfortunately, I do need a body that can do video but I could sell my 5D3, buy a GH4 and still have enough left over for a lens.

...the more I think about this, the more logical it gets. Am I really going to miss full frame?

Oh gosh I'm going to have to write this in my appreciation of Fuji. I think my first camera back in the 1950s was a Kodak Brownie 127. Had so many different makes since then. In film cameras I remember Halina, another make I got in Switzerland as a young teenager – and got charged import and duties on. Along the way I had some sort of Russian 120 film camera which was fun, and then things like Olympus film camera, and I may even have had a half frame early Fuji camera which was a very strange shape!

My photography hobby got serious when I flirted for decades with a series of Nikons. Can't remember all the model numbers but I ended up with a

D 7000 and a large number of lenses which not only broke the bank but also my back!

End result of all of that was flogging the Nikon system to buy a Leica Digilux 6 which gave me a couple of years of happy photography until it failed me recently on a Norwegian trip. My recent conversion to an XT1 system has brought back the joy to my photography that I experienced 50 years ago – so yes thank you Fuji film thank you thank you thank you !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I first got into DSLRs while I was still in highschool and at the time, Canon were the only ones that had gear that I could afford and could give me the images that I want as beginner.

I used that for YEARS and I, like everyone else, was going to go Canon FF and ignore getting better lenses for APS-C. Despite not even liking the weight that my 550D + Sigma 17-70mm first edition had.

I then got a job at a camera store and got to try out everything, M43, APSC, FF. I went to training events, camera companies would loan us gear to take out and shoot. As great as all those cameras were, I started to prefer Fujifilm.

So now, nearly two years later. Trying out everything that has been released. I still use Fujifilm. I love the ergonomics, the lenses, the files it produces.