ON1 raw

Unfortunately, it does not support X Pro2 compressed RAW at present.

Fujifilm X-Pro2 (Not supported are Compressed RAW files, can’t fix this until RAWspeed adds support)

So it is reliant upon a RAWspeed to decode the RAW format. According to the RAWspeed Github there is a known fix for compressed Fuji RAW files, but it has not been integrated yet.

Edited by jhjl

Let me get this straight. They have a beta out now with the final (yuck yuck yuck!) release due in about 25 days. You can't see or try the beta (no trial option) without ponying up and buying the product that hasn't been released yet, but it's on sale.

That's the attitude of a company that is unlikely to ever get any of my money.

ON1 RAW what a nightmare has made my whole system crawl to a halt BEWARE!

And reading the support notes there are 2 tiers of camera support. if you look at the 2nd teir it has DNG listed i.e. Lightroom. Maybe somebody with

tech knowledge can enlighten me but I think whats is happening is that support for the 2nd tier uses Macs raw converter from their Photos App.

Have had no clarification from ON1 . All that hard sell for upgrading and this software will not be complete until first quarter of 2017

just endless updates until then.  Their marketing emails have benn totally misleading all they want is your bucks to join some membership club.

Replies to this post most welcome. Have fun and good luck with this

I'm still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

This software is a massive undertaking and its scope was obviously grossly underestimated. Sure, they absolutely shouldn't have let their marketing guys get so far ahead of their development team but it is what it is.  I would expect that they will look after pre-purchasers who can't wait by giving them a refund.

Their goal is lofty and if they can pull it off in a reasonable timeframe they'll have a far superior alternative to the Adobe "take-it-o-leave-it" solutions.

According to the latest release notes:

Features Still to Come in the General Release

• Importing and converting of presets from legacy versions of Effects
  • Crop tool
  • Navigator/Loupe/Histogram panes
  • Reading compressed Fujifilm Raw files
  • Apple Photos extension

• 2 months later...

At the moment (Feb 9, 2017) it looks like they now support compressed RAF files.   :)

I watched the above to get an idea of what the product is and can do.  I was quite impressed.  It looks like it is a product that blends Lightroom and Photoshop.  I'm not sure if it has the advanced catalog/indexing features of Lightroom for those that use it to manage their photo library, but I don't use that feature in Lighroom so I didn't read up on it.

But since a major bug fix and feature release is slated for today (or around today), I think I'll download the 30 day trial and push my latest wedding shoot through it to see how it does.  I read a review on a website that worked with this new release (I think they were beta testers) and the compressed RAF file and sharpening/detail concerns that Lightroom users have (like me) were pretty much put to rest with comparisons to Lightroom and Iridient for fine details in RAF files.

This is the beta review I'm referring to -> http://joelwolfson.com/on1-photo-raw-2017-2-now-great-fuji-raw-processor/

Got the link from this forum actually -> http://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/4742-advanced-look-on1-photo-raw-20172-now-a-real-fuji-raw-contender/

Edited by Adam Woodhouse