Review of firmware update 5.00 for X-T1 ?

heliosfan

I haven't seen any reviews/impressions of firmware 5.00 for the X-T1.

I have updated, and generally happy about the new flash menus, but overall it was an underwhelming FW update this time around.

However, I have several questions while I ponder updating/supplying my EF-42 flash:

• Does HSS still work with the Nissin i40 ?
  • With/without a Nissin firmware upgrade ?
  • Anything non-flash related improvements included with the upgrade? 
Edited by heliosfan

This might be determined by the fact that few people (only flash users) have bothered to install this upgrade which, per Fuji info,:” Compatibility with the Shoe Mount Flash EF-X500"

contains only Flash related matters.

Many users, like me, don’t really do any flash photography and for us, this upgrade was totally irrelevant.

Hi,

I'm with Milandro on this - although the added features can never really be moaned about as I'm sure I'll use them in the future, (especially the manual control of down to 1/64 power) what I was REALLY hoping for was increased latitude in  exposure bracketing mode.

Limiting the only option to a max of  + / - 1 stop on a 3 stop bracket is keeping the X-T1 miles behind other competing cameras still, even when it is widely criticised as such. I know there are easy steps to manually create the 3, 5 or 7 shot brackets I'd like to work with using exp. comp. but to have the camera bracket quickly and in succession would be ideal (and only up to par really). 

Whilst on a mini rant about this, I'd also add that if Fuji were to eventually get round to adding this, they should also add the options of which exposure order sequence is to be shot. e.g -2 stops, 0 stops, +2 stops being preferred to the usual order.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Since the firmware version 5.0 was updated for the Fujifilm X-T1, it seems that the front command dial no longer works.

In two cases (1 and 2) . It was not the case in ver 4.31

Two cases in which the front command dial is now inactive:

- 1) When you want to change the option for an item in a sub-menu: for example, it is impossible to vary -3 -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3 for noise reduction.
-2) When using the Q Menu

Could you say if you noticed it, please ?

Or are you left in version 4.31 and have you this problem or not?

Regards

• 2 months later...