Hi everyone, got a problem with my x-pro 1 which in the 2 years I've had it has previously worked fine. In the middle of shooting a wedding yesterday my X-Pro 1 clunked during actuation and froze up. At switch on the screen briefly shows the 'sensor cleaning' message then goes blank. Pressing the shutter button, again briefly shows the 'sensor cleaning' message then nothing. I have removed battery and restarted, removed lens, sd card etc and restarted but no change.I have been able to get to the update firmware screen by turning on whilst holding down 'disp/back' and have updated to the latest firmware for both body and lenses (3.7 for body and 3.11 for lenses) still no change.Any help would be appreciated.

Beanphoto

I was afraid of that, it's pretty disheartening, a 2 year old camera should not just die like that. Fuji (UK) quote £140 for the repair, which sadly I can't afford right now, so if anyone has any ideas of other things I could try to breathe life back into my lovely x-pro 1 i'd love to hear!

I think that anything might have malfunctioned and it can be as simple as an obscure and apparently innocent and incredibly insignificant electronic component failing somewhere ( no one can look into these things before they happen).

Since this is not something that many have reported, I think that you have to accept the fact that it has happened to you but it could have happened to anyone, anytime. See if Fuji UK or the shop where you bought it can give you a deal on a old stock camera rather than repairing this one. 

Spending £140 on a camera that has seen many shots already it is probably not so wise.

If you've used this camera a lot, this copy of yours might have already reached the maximum amount of activations of the shutter before its natural failing, activations which can be anything between 100.000 to 200.000.

It is not uncommon for wedding photographers to shoot on continuous sooting.

Personally, I don’t understand people whom shoot several dozens of shots for each situation... but there are such people especially in the wedding photography business.

This habit is not only accounting for an incredible amount of extra work to sieve through all those nearly identical sots, but wears out your shutter which, in digital cameras WILL fail after a number of actuations.  (I’ve never had a shutter fail and one Pentax ES I had with my business partner in our studio had shot surely way more than one million shots) 

Short to resorting to sorcery or maybe go on a pilgrimage on foot, to the Fuji mountain, which is a popular pilgrimage among Japanese Buddhists with historical ancient roots, I don’t think there is much more that you could do that you haven’t done already.

Fuji.Pilgrimage.Detail.png

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone, got a problem with my x-pro 1 which in the 2 years I've had it has previously worked fine. In the middle of shooting a wedding yesterday my X-Pro 1 clunked during actuation and froze up. At switch on the screen briefly shows the 'sensor cleaning' message then goes blank. Pressing the shutter button, again briefly shows the 'sensor cleaning' message then nothing. I have removed battery and restarted, removed lens, sd card etc and restarted but no change.I have been able to get to the update firmware screen by turning on whilst holding down 'disp/back' and have updated to the latest firmware for both body and lenses (3.7 for body and 3.11 for lenses) still no change.Any help would be appreciated.

Beanphoto

I’m having exactly the same situation. When I remove the lense I found that the shutter not open like before. I don’t know if it’s the reason why the camera doesn’t turn on. Anyone knows how to make the shutter open again? Thanks