Sent PRO 2 for repair

Sighhh ... I put my order for a PRO 2 in the day it was released in January and received the camera in March. For the last month I have had this issue where I can't turn the camera on completely. I turn on the camera and the screen exhibits power on function (a dim  light), the lens does something and then NOTHING. Can't turn it off or do anything. Initially removing the battery would fix things, but things got worse. It would take several attempts to start the camera. Switching batteries and switching memory cards and memory ports did nothing. Finally I can't turn it on.

I have used my camera with manual focus lenses, but mostly I use FUJI AF glass. Don't know if that was a contributing factor or just that fact that it was an early of the assembly line body.

I delayed sending the camera back because I wanted to catch some last days of beautiful fall foliage. The camera is now in Edison, NJ at the FUJI facility. Luckily I have the FUJI PRO 1 as well, so I should make it without too many withdrawal issues. :huh: I will wait patiently for a fix rather than accept a fast solution FUJI offers - a rebuilt or camera of equal value. I baby my equipment and would rather fix something I know that was treated gently.

I just thought I'd post this for information purposes.

Possibly ... but I WAS able to view the FW version number every time with no problem ever. I'd remove the battery and then put it back in. Then I would start the PRO 2 holding the "back" button. The screen fired right up displaying the information.

I figured that process would be different from the normal process.

I'll keep your suggestion in mind for after the warranty expires. Right now expect a perfect working camera for a whole year.