50-140mm F4 OIS more usable

tractorboyx

As a newcomer to x-Fuji, I would love to start the campaign for a more compact 50-140mm lens.

Ideally it would be a constant aperture, have OIS, non expanding compact lens, and be WR.

A good example would be the Canon 70-200 F4 L.

I cant be the only person who thinks the F2.8 goes against the reasoning of having a compact camera system.

Mirrorless isn't only about smaller size. You get benefits like on-chip autofocus, an electronic viewfinder, and a shorter flange distance for better lens design. Additionally, not every photographer is looking for a small system when they switch to mirrorless.

Pros and enthusiasts said they wanted professional grade 2.8 zooms, and Fuji listened. They've said the 2.8 zooms are as small as they could make them without sacrificing image quality.

Edited by Phil

Mirrorless isn't only about smaller size. You get benefits like on-chip autofocus, an electronic viewfinder, and a shorter flange distance for better lens design. Additionally, not every photographer is looking for a small system when they switch to mirrorless.

Pros and enthusiasts said they wanted professional grade 2.8 zooms, and Fuji listened. They've said the 2.8 zooms are as small as they could make them without sacrificing image quality.

I do appreciate at pro's use mirrorless, and all the technology behind them.

That still doesn't change the fact that a large number of people choose mirror less for its compact design, and a smaller, semi fast 70-200 (equivalent) would be good.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The 50-140 f2.8 is the equivalent to a Canon 70-200 f4 on a FF camera. There is already an 18-135 lens out there in the same line-up and a 55-200 too.

If anything, most people would probably like to see faster zooms, like the Sigma 18-35 f1.8 and 50-100 f1.8.

The 50-140 f2.8 is the equivalent to a Canon 70-200 f4 on a FF camera. There is already an 18-135 lens out there in the same line-up and a 55-200 too.

If anything, most people would probably like to see faster zooms, like the Sigma 18-35 f1.8 and 50-100 f1.8.

It's the f2.8 bit that increases the size and weight. The 18-135 as a constant f3.5 or f4 would be awesome.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I agree that canon lens is great for travel. I'd buy one in a second if Fuji came out with one. My 18-135 isn't sharp enough for my taste and is too slow. Yes, for me size is the main reason for switching away from Canon full frame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

It only seems big and heavy on a Fuji. Fuji reps claim the x (non Beyer) sensor lets them be competitive with full frame DSLRs.  The closest match up on this basis I can think of would be with  Nikon D750 + 70-200mm F/2.8  vs Fuji X-T2 + 50-140mm F/2.8.  I have no informed opinion as to how that would work out if you were to judge strictly by the images.  Hower, just look up the weight specs and add them up -- if you think the Fuji is big just try lugging the 70-200mm around all day.

Notwithstanding my commentary, above, I hope someone at Fuji notes that Nikon has a 70-200mm  F/4 for a good reason