Pro1 viewfinder vs Pro2 viewfinder

Hi everyone,

I would like to hear the thoughts of users who have used the Pro-1 and Pro-2 in relation to the viewfinder.

Have you noticed a considerable improvement? An improvement so much, you would recommend the Pro-2 to a user who was frustrated with the previous model due to the EVF? 

Thank you,

I've owned the X Pro1, now own two X Pro2s. The X Pro2 viewfinder is a vast improvement. The refresh rate and the way information is displayed is much better. The camera is more responsive and the autofocus is in a completely different league. 

Last week I used the X Pro2 professionally at a motorsport event, cars coming towards me at 100mph+ in misty conditions, not a single missed shot.

The X Pro2 is in a completely different league in every area.

If you liked the handling and form factor of the X Pro1 but didn't like the EVF then I think you'll love the X Pro2.   

I've owned the X Pro1, now own two X Pro2s. The X Pro2 viewfinder is a vast improvement. The refresh rate and the way information is displayed is much better. The camera is more responsive and the autofocus is in a completely different league. 

Last week I used the X Pro2 professionally at a motorsport event, cars coming towards me at 100mph+ in misty conditions, not a single missed shot.

The X Pro2 is in a completely different league in every area.

If you liked the handling and form factor of the X Pro1 but didn't like the EVF then I think you'll love the X Pro2.

I'd pretty much agree with this!

The icons and EV scale are more legible in the XP1 OVF and some of the buttons are nicer too.

But the EVF (& many other features) of the XP2 are MILES ahead of the XP1

Having used both side by side, it's hard to say one is all together better than the other.

The X-Pro2's viewfinder is higher-res and less laggy (higher refresh rate). However, it is also jarringly cool (bluish). In practice, I wouldn't consider it a reason to upgrade.

The LCD, however, is much better on the X-Pro2---almost at the level of a modern smartphone (it's a real shame the X-T2 didn't get an LCD or EVF upgrade...)

FWIW I returned the X-Pro2. It was a bit 'meh' all around (at the price point anyway).

Edited by kimcarsons