Fell really hard, although scratched, x-pro2 is doing fine!

I really fell quite hard while cycling with this camera hanging on my belly. The lens (not on this image) is broken, but this camera is really unbelievably strong!

Everything seems to work like before the crash, I'm really surprised of the strength of this camera! Definitely feels like a pro body!

(And I also love the images it produces by the way.)

This photo was taken with an iPhone.

71b8330991e3f76c4255238463441201.jpg?w=1

Believe it or not, now, according to some forum members, your camera looks exactly like it should and they’ve actually worked with steel wool and sandpaper on their camera to make it look like this one of yours!

So, now you can say that the camera has a “pro  look” too!

Years ago my Pentax 6 x 7 fell from the tripod ( I thought it was safely screwed on the thing but it wasn’t), the result was just a dent on the corner of the top brass section of the camera. I had it replaced despite the fact that the camera was operational and the funny thing was that my camera got a new serial number (because the part which was replaced was the part where the serial number was).

Believe it or not, now, according to some forum members, your camera looks exactly like it should and they’ve actually worked with steel wool and sandpaper on their camera to make it look like this one of yours!

So, now you can say that the camera has a “pro  look” too!

Years ago my Pentax 6 x 7 fell from the tripod ( I thought it was safely screwed on the thing but it wasn’t), the result was just a dent on the corner of the top brass section of the camera. I had it replaced despite the fact that the camera was operational and the funny thing was that my camera got a new serial number (because the part which was replaced was the part where the serial number was).

I bet the damage to the pavement was much worse... ;-)

René.

Yep, for me it too risky to ride and to shoot at the same time. I've tried that only ones.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I wonder how the ISO ring (around the shutter speed dial) ended up ground down around the entire circumference. That seems like an atypical damage pattern for this sort of incident.

And did anyone notice how the finger prints on the left side of the top plate look like they are somehow etched into the paint?

I wonder how the ISO ring (around the shutter speed dial) ended up ground down around the entire circumference. That seems like an atypical damage pattern for this sort of incident.

And did anyone notice how the finger prints on the left side of the top plate look like they are somehow etched into the paint?

Yup.... and the body adjacent to the ISO ring is undamaged. Something fishy, me thinks...

Rand

If the image of the camera is anything to go by then that was one heck of an impact, I trust you are not too badly beaten up?  The Fuji's are incredibly robust and their weight does not always endorse the strength of the body.

Good to hear it is still performing and lets hope Fuji can sort out the problem for you.

I loved the comment about the person who deliberately defaced his camera - I remember reading about him using wire wool to deface it.............a shame as genuine patination from use looks good but what he did was deliberate and looked it.

My XT-2 was two days new.  Had a 60mm lens on it and somehow while taking the camera and lens from around my neck they flew a couple feet and crash landed on asphalt...........OMG.  Lens got a ding on the end ring where the hood attaches (still goes on OK, but requires a little more careful alignment).  Otherwise everything seems ok.  Even did a DIY centering test using notebook reinforcing tabs on a black background and the images were fine.  Whew.....I dodged a bullet and became even more impressed with Fuji.