Aspect Ratio

lauriebrett

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Please Fuji, would you add the option to set aspect ratio to 5 x 4? It's my favourite format especially for vertical landscape shots. Of course I can crop it in post but it would be nice to be able to compose precisely in 5 x 4 at the time of releasing the shutter.

I wholeheartedly agree---I'd add 4/3 to the list. In their new GFX, they are apparently including MANY aspect ratio options. 

This would be a welcome addition to the xpro2 and upcoming x100F. 

Good evening

huh - good thinking & interesting , however as TIKUS points out the natural sensor size may as well be used, would it not be wonderful that instead of having the cut done within camera the viewfinder showed the output frame required in the viewfinder recording all the detail as u may want to move it a bit to the left or right, up a bit , down a bit

then when u got it press a print/save format button

David 

• 2 years later...
On 10/26/2016 at 8:03 PM, lauriebrett said:

Please Fuji, would you add the option to set aspect ratio to 5 x 4? It's my favourite format especially for vertical landscape shots. Of course I can crop it in post but it would be nice to be able to compose precisely in 5 x 4 at the time of releasing the shutter.

The absence of a 3:4 image ratio-option is my reason not to step into the Fuji mirrorless system. The 2:3 imho gives a perspective that only suits a limited type of photo subjects. 

Peter

• 1 year later...