EVF not showing exp comp result.. bug or feature?

voodooless

Fair enough. I'm similar, just an enthusiast. I would take it back, I couldn't afford to spend all that money for anything less than good working order.

I still think it's a strange series of posts! You have the time to post, make a video, go to retailer with the video, but haven't the time to swap a lens to troubleshoot lens or body. Have a good Christmas.

P.S. there's still no actual dark side of the moon :)

Edited by MirrorMirror

Fair enough. I'm similar, just an enthusiast. I would take it back, I couldn't afford to spend all that money for anything less than good working order.

I still think it's a strange series of posts! You have the time to post, make a video, go to retailer with the video, but haven't the time to swap a lens to troubleshoot lens or body. Have a good Christmas.

P.S. there's still no actual dark side of the moon :)

I agree about the money. I do really want a good working product. I don't want to send something back that is working perfectly well however.

I did swap lenses obviously, but did not really notice it popping up with the others, either because it did not occur, or because it did occur and though: oh, there is that bug again. I get used to that quite quickly I guess.. So consciously I did not register. So I'll need to recheck and then actually trigger myself whenever it happens again, like I did yesterday.

About the moon: true, but there is always one side of the moon in (relative) darkness. It's just not always the same side ;)

Ok, sorry if I was getting too personal. It's none of my business really. Just trying to help, and putting my values on your issue along the way; sorry for that.

No worries   :)  I do appreciate the input! 

BTW, I think there are worse problems.. What about all those people that have freezes all the time. Have not seen a lot of them return the camera, and a fair amount of them are pro users.

Anyway, yesterday with the XF35, no problems so far. I will keep it on a bit more.. we'll see.

Edited by voodooless

i have the same experience and it has nothing to do with auto brightness. I tried all kind of Settings (and i'm no amateur) and the preview you see on evf or on the screen changes when you actually take the pic. 

Try it yourself, you can see it best when you take a dark picture. The final image is brighter and less saturated than the preview.

I tested the same with the x-t1 and its much less obvious.

So i think its a bug of the x-t2 and i hope fuji will address it with a firmware update

Hello there, I have been with my XT2 for something like 2 months now and I have also noticed what you mention and is  shown in a video here.

thought it was a EVF Brightness inaccuracy and have played around it with different values, -1, -2. even -3 , on the outside and with bright daylight. 

I thought it could be that but.... as per your post ...looks like we are now looking for something different. 

In the interiors... looks like it is better and there is not such big difference but still not as good as  on XT1.

That´s my personal experience. 

It is a wrong setting. I had same problem at first and finally figured it out so that EVF now shows Exp Comp range on left side of EVF from -5 stops to + 5 stops.

No bug and as they say RTFM=Read the Fuji Manual.

How would displaying the exp. comp. make it all good (I have it enabled by default anyway already)? I would be really interested in that section of the manual..

Edited by voodooless

I used the suggestion on page 89 (US manual) regarding C setting on exp comp dial. Then I watch the histogram in the EVF until I get as close to ETTR as I want or whatever other exposure you are aiming for.

Neglected to say then use front command dial for exp comp adjustments which immediately shows exp comp result in the histogram.

Edited by algrove

Okay, so now let's assume for a minute you're me, and I (you) did all that..

.. now you go out, and want to take a picture of something. You look though the EVF and see that you want to adjust the exposure. So you turn the front command dial, see the exp. comp. in the display changing, but the exposure stays the same ..

Now this does not happen every time, it is a rare occasion, and I think it might be connected to my other exposure issue of which I posted a video earlier.

Just looked at mine and the EVF does change when adjusting the exp comp via the front wheel. Have no idea of all your settings, nor how to easily compare our 2 cameras, but mine works just fine. Ok so I am using f stop priority with both ISO and SS dials locked to A and the exp comp wheel on C.

Other settings could very well impact this, but not sure. Maybe over the next week I will assemble all of my settings in one document.

Just happen to think that the EVF gain is what is controlling your situation. I set my EVF brightness to 0, where I had it on Auto before.

Edited by algrove