Tom H.

Portraiture work, running topic

Thanks! I like to bounce flash when needed or appropriate. Use minimal outside in shade for people, just enough to light their eyes (external flash almost always.) With fast primes perhaps I can avoid this. I'm going to start w/ just the 18-55 kit zoom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some shots I did for the daughter of some folks whose house I sometimes use for shoots. She told me she fences, so I suggested doing something with that.

Both shots taken with the X100T and generic manual speedlights. The colour one is a 60x60cm softbox and a reflector for fill. The b&w one a MagMod MagSphere and a MagGrid for harsh, directional light.

post-2018-0-97732000-1436867937_thumb.jpg

post-2018-0-70718600-1436867939_thumb.jpg

Had a productive day with a nice model and a great make-up artist. Fun at home during the worst summer storm in years :-) More from this set to follow as I process them.

Fuji X-T1, 56 1.2 APD. Classic chrome and some skin minor editing in Photoshop, although the sooc also looked perfectly acceptable. 

post-2018-0-01003300-1438020373_thumb.jpg

Tom, her necklace attracts attention a lot just as it's an ad., but it's not in focus. IMO that's irritating. I'd love to see this picture with enough DOF to cover both her face and her body.

Point taken, but not going to happen, the shoot is over :) More of her to follow.