XT1 Weather Seal Issues Anyone?

Hi everyone, I wanted to see whether anyone else has had weather seal issue with their XT1. When on holidays to NZ my xt1 twice have up on me - when changing lenses the camera failed to recognise that a lens was attached and could not focus. The f stop was recorded as f0 (pretty much no lens attached). I was still able to take photos but without focus. This happened at about 6am after an hour in the cold and one other time in cold rainy conditions. After about 5 hours everything worked again.

Is there a problem with my xt1 or is this the limit of the camera?

Many thanks I advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds a lot like the documented f/0 problem, except that with that issue it happens all the time and doesn't get better. I had this with one of my X-T1 bodies and it required a new circuit board. Basically the camera won't focus, lens is showing f/0, and if I recall correctly there is some kind of weird flashing briefly on the LCD when viewing a picture.

I got stuck in a few hours of heavy rain with nothing to cover my camera while on travel outside the US with the 18-135WR attached and no battery/SD card changes. Lens was fine but the finder fogged up part way through my walk and by morning I couldn't get my X-T1 to take a pic and the finder was still fogging up. Fuji USA wouldn't repair it because it was damaged due to "water damage". Pretty much a complete loss- I got a few $100 off on a replacement body.

All that to say be careful with your X-T1 in the rain. WR is a meaningless PR term as far as I'm concerned especially when Fuji won't stand behind the feature. Weather resistance is obviously not weather proof but my X-T1 didn't put up much resistance in my case.

It occurred quite the same to me. I was working in a cold day under the rain, and I changed le ns covered by a roof. The lens was not recognized, f0 was indicated and the wiewfinder was fogged. The cause seemed to be some fog on the sensor caused by condensation. In the afternoon the camera began to work correctly again.

I don't think this is a weather seal issue. There is absolutely nothing "Weather Resistant" about any camera when you take the lens off. That's what 2nd bodies are for. Yes "Weather Resistant" is a marketing term. It's not quite meaningless, but expecting it to resist "a few hours of heavy rain with nothing to cover my camera" is wishful thinking at best. All this is why IPX ratings were invented.

I don't think this is a weather seal issue. There is absolutely nothing "Weather Resistant" about any camera when you take the lens off. That's what 2nd bodies are for. Yes "Weather Resistant" is a marketing term. It's not quite meaningless, but expecting it to resist "a few hours of heavy rain with nothing to cover my camera" is wishful thinking at best. All this is why IPX ratings were invented.

Man ain't that the truth!  Thank you -- you beat me to the post.  I don't care how water resistant a camera and lens is you don't walk around in downpours, and you certainly don't change lenses under cover or not.