X-T2 Sensor test - hot pixels

zoespop95

I did a sensor test after I noticed white spots in a series of images I was processing in Lr. Researching the problem with the white spots, I discovered the sensor test, that is shooting a capture with the lens cap on. One capture is at lowest iso (200) and a long exposure 6-10 seconds, at f16. A second capture with lens cap on, iso 800, 1/1000th sec and f16. 

While performing this test, I found that 2 red pixels (in different parts of the frame) were visible in the low iso image, while the higher iso image,  the sensor appeared clean. This revealed exactly the opposite of what most people consider acceptable and that is red pixels (also known as hot pixels) appear at the higher iso sensitivity.

The white spots disappeared with pixel mapping which can be done by the user. (found in the menu).

Considering that this X-T2 is brand new, I am readying it to return to B&H.

Has anyone else found any hot pixels or any other imperfections associated with the X-T2 sensor?

I'd appreciate your input. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I just find a bad bad thing, I noticed in high ISO shots (2500+), still to check at low-mid ISO.

I attach a screenshot madre with My phone of the screen, where I opened raw file in camera raw of CC15.

I see a lighter square in the middle of the image, too.

Shot with XF 14/2.8 at 2.8, ISO 4000, 30", with cap on, NR off. These where the conditions where I first saw the issue.

I think I forgot to attach file.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I add a small notice, which I nave still to investigate. I saw that shooting landscapes a few weeks ago, the grass renders very mushy, much worser than with x-t1, I must test against it, but I think something is going wrong, at least with my body.

All sensors have hot pixels. Fuji's hot pixel mapping function could use a bit of improvement. It doesn't really map out the hot pixels, just dims them (this is on the X-Pro2 and X-T2). Of course, if you're processing the RAW files this doesn't matter and AFAIK all extant RAW processing software does actually map out the hot pixels (interpolating from surrounding pixels), which produces a better result than Fuji's method.

2 is a very low number of hot pixels to have, BTW. Consider yourself lucky. If you exchange it the replacement camea might have 20...