Orientation Aware Focus Points (Request)

RadBadTad

I've talked about this here before, but I think it was back on the X-T1. I thought it might be worthwhile to bring it up again, since it still hasn't happened.

I would love to see camera-orientation specific AF points, so that when you rotate to Portrait orientation, the AF point jumps to where it was the last time you were in portrait orientation. 

The Canon 7D has this, and it's invaluable for fast paced things like shooting concerts, and energetic portraiture. When I'm in portrait orientation and I have a performer's head at the top of the frame, and then I rotate back to landscape for a different shot, the AF point jumps back to where it was the last time I had it in landscape, which keeps the focus point on the performer's head, assuming I'm keeping their head in the top of the frame. Without the feature, it's really annoying to quickly switch back and forth between portrait and landscape for the same subject over and over for different shots. The focus nipple on the battery grip helps some, but it still requires me to manually change the point every single time I rotate. 

Here's a (clunky) video of the 7D in action 

http://imgur.com/a/XfyLE

I tweeted to Fuji USA about the feature request, and they liked the tweet, but who knows what that means. At least I know someone saw it.