Recording RAW images

richardp

I am a new X vt!) user. I have tried taking images in RAW. On the back of  the camera they look OK. Once loaded to ther computer in Picasa that have a green cast, and there was no oprtion to open in Photoshop CS5. I loaded the Fuji Raw converter, went to Photoshop , found and selected image, but message said that the RAW converter not recognisewd.

What next?

The reason behind this is that Fujifilm uses different color filter array pattern than most of other cameras. It is one of reasons why Fujifilm images look more film-like.

The solution is to use software which is updated to be compatible with Fujifilm. For example, Adobe Lightroom needs to be one of latest versions.

To see more about this read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayer_filter (including section "Fujifilm "X-Trans" filter")

Yeah, Photoshop CS5 definitely can't open them directly.  It is way too old for that.

If you want to use the Fuji raw converter you will need to convert them and open the converted file in Photoshop.

RawTherepee is a free tool which can process x-t1 files directly.  There are countless other modern editors and converters that will also x-t1 raf files.

I'm using Lightroom 6 and Photoshop 5 (V12.0.4) with Camera Raw 8.5.0 and have no problem opening Fuji raw files. Perhaps you need to check both PS and Adobe RAW for updates. CS will not work with the latest camera raw.

Edited by Peterkb