new Fuji fan in Texas

Ms_Tex

Hi everyone! 

I've loved photography since I was about 10 years old, when my parents bought me an Instamatic. I eventually took photography classes in junior high and high school and inherited my dad's Canon Pellix. When my beloved Pellix drowned in a house flood (my husband had put all my photography equipment, negatives, prints, etc. on the ground :angry: ), I bought the Canon DSLR I could afford - a Rebel XTi. For a number of reasons, I never "bonded" with my XTi (mainly having to go through too many menus to do simple things) and I lost interest in photography - especially digital photography.

A few months ago, I heard a presentation by a National Geographic photographer about why she chose to take the Fuji X-T1 with her on vacation instead of her full Nikon kit. That presentation convinced me to give Fuji mirrorless a chance. I bought my camera on sale along with a 35mm lens, and have loved it since Day One!  :wub:

I love how light it is, and that I can photograph in manual mode easily (LOVE the ISO dial!). Now that I'm hooked on the Fuji system, I've decided to sell all of my Canon gear to buy another lens for my new camera. 

Yes. I had owned Sony and Nikon DSLR. Good equipment.

But I found I was getting more creative work with the X-T1.

Something about retro design. With the top dials and the real-time exposure through the EVF that works for me.

Happy shooting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk