White bars on LCD

tones

Anybody else has an issue with the LCD showing white lines couple pixels wide from top to bottom across the whole screen? ( like the attached image ) 

EVF seems fine and images are fine too, seems like an issue with LCD only. 

as much as i hate it, i think ill have to send the camera to fuji  :unsure:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

Experiencing the same problem. Only just noticed it. It's slightly more dramatic than on your photo, but that might just be the photo. It's only visible on the edges, not in the center, but in some situations it is very visible. As you said it only effects the rear LCD, not the viewfinder or the images.

I really don't want to return this thing, it took long enough to find one :/

This issue has entirely gone away. I need to do more testing, but I believe that it may be the result of heat from charging the battery inside the camera using a micro-USB cable, or from putting the camera near something even a little warm. I'll update here if I figure out what is going on with my disappearing white bars!

• 1 month later...

Yep just had the same issue with my new XT2  I stash my camera bag next to a radiator but the body didn't get hot in any way.  To address the point above, I have previously charged the internal battery using a USB cable and don't remember this issue........ stood outside last night for about an hour getting photos of the moon so it had a good chance to cool down but the problem persisted.  Will check again tonight but have registered issue with Fuji and I think they're sending me a box to RTB...... 48 hour turnaround though and I assume it'll only go to Fuji in Bedford which is 5 minutes from me :-)

Oddly enough its only that I did the firmware update about a week ago and then reset the camera to default which brought the live view onto the rear screen where I then noticed this.  I always default to the viewfinder and don't check my shots that often on the screen so may not have noticed this if I hadn't!!!!

Anyone else seeing this or had theirs returned?

Yep just had the same issue with my new XT2  I stash my camera bag next to a radiator but the body didn't get hot in any way.  To address the point above, I have previously charged the internal battery using a USB cable and don't remember this issue........ stood outside last night for about an hour getting photos of the moon so it had a good chance to cool down but the problem persisted.  Will check again tonight but have registered issue with Fuji and I think they're sending me a box to RTB...... 48 hour turnaround though and I assume it'll only go to Fuji in Bedford which is 5 minutes from me :-)

Oddly enough its only that I did the firmware update about a week ago and then reset the camera to default which brought the live view onto the rear screen where I then noticed this.  I always default to the viewfinder and don't check my shots that often on the screen so may not have noticed this if I hadn't!!!!

Anyone else seeing this or had theirs returned?

Update:  this morning the camera is not exhibiting the issue, image is free of those lines.  Fuji have now sent me a box but their CS chap confirms I can keep it for a month or so whilst they keep the ticket open and I can return it if the issue returns......... which is nice :-)

Edited by davidhod

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, this issue appeared to me too. Tried a lot of stuff to figure out what it could have caused. Removing battery grip, resetting the camera, removing lens (got my XF 35mm 1.4 attached).

I realized that the whole distortion has the form like I would expect the vignetting falloff of that lens. Although it didn't appear on the EVF nor the pictures.

Long story short, removing and reattaching the lens didn't help. Removing and putting on my XF56 aka another lens made the issue disappear. Reattaching the XF35 afterwards seemed to not reproduce the issue.

Conclusion: To me it seems like there's some sort of firmware initialization error with that XF35. This error remains as long as you don't attach any other lens because the lenses firmware remains untouched in the camera, no matter how often you remove and reattach the same lens. After attaching another lens, it will be overridden and the issue is solved.

Just my 2 cents, hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update on my X-T2. White lines went away about 2 weeks ago. Been keeping an eye out for them but seems to have totally resolved itself. No firmware updates or anything else.

If you've found this thread and your unit is new maybe wait a bit and see if it goes away before dealing with the warranty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys. Well, I got the same problem today. I tried to change lenses, install again the last firmware, restore the camera settings but nothing happened. Is there anyone who knows some ways to try to fix this annoying problem? I wouldn't like to send the camera to Fujifilm I use the camera for work (I have another body though) but they will take ages to send me back the body fixed. So I would love to solve it until Tuesday (shooting planned).

Now I am trying to keep the camera recording until the 3 batteries go down (I use the battery pack) and then going to recharge them on the battery charger. Any help? 

Thanks a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Similar issue here, but with an X-T20 I got few days ago. After few minutes of usage, sometimes the colorful strikes/lines appear on LCD, EVF is fine. This doesn't affect the photos. Curious if anyone else is having similar issues? Attached a photo I took with a phone. Otherwise really loving this camera & wouldn't want to return it

Here's a video of another user having exactly same problem with his brand new X-T20:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi All,

Had the XT-2 about a month and now seeing the same issue; thin vertical bars only present on the LCD (doesn't affect EVF or the file on the SD card)

Did anybody work out what the problem is?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Fuji X-T2 here, too. Same exact issue as stated by the original poster. Tiny little white vertical lines on the LCD only. Pics and viewfinder are fine. The lines appeared two days ago. This morning they were almost gone. Not exposed to heat. In fact, it has not been used at all. Changed lenses, changed batteries (tried the new NP-WP126s and the old ones NP-WP126) but no change. 

This is a strange one...  <_<  Anyone has a root cause or a solution? To my research so far, the issue seems to resolve itself after a couple days. But, does it come back??

• 1 month later...

This happened to me today. I had charged my camera over USB after not using it for a couple of days (was at about 40% battery when I left it), and when it tuned it on to format the cards I found vertical light grey lines that were arranged like a vignette of lines rather than lack of light.

I pointed my camera at something dark grey and the lines showed up, confirming that it was not a menu rendering issue. I'll have to check later if they have disappeared. Weird issue.

This happened to me today. I had charged my camera over USB after not using it for a couple of days (was at about 40% battery when I left it), and when it tuned it on to format the cards I found vertical light grey lines that were arranged like a vignette of lines rather than lack of light.

I pointed my camera at something dark grey and the lines showed up, confirming that it was not a menu rendering issue. I'll have to check later if they have disappeared. Weird issue.

Interesting...May I ask when did you purchase your X-T2? Also, do you have any screen protectors (eg. Lamar etc) ? Let us know when the lines will disappear or if you have derived a repeatable pattern. 

• 1 month later...

Same thing happened to my X-T2 tonight. Does it always just go away as some have said?

(2 hours later) Apparently the white bars do just go away. LCD back to its regular self.

Good to know. It usually goes like this. Only happened once on mine. Did you do anything out of the ordinary when it happened?

• 1 year later...

This happens periodically on my X100F, but not on my X-T2 / X-E3, so far. It seems completely random as sometimes it will happen after turning it on from hours or days of not being used, and not after overnight charging.

As always, the problem goes away after sometime, just as mysteriously as it manifests itself.