A plea to Fuji ...

Woodworth

• 2 months later...

Coming from Nikon, I am used to not having IBIS. I can understand why some people would like it though, and why some do not. Depends what you shoot, the situations you shoot in, and your personal style. So, yes, it might be nice to have, or, it might be sufficient to just have OIS in some of the longer focal-length lenses. Either way, there is definitely nothing wrong with speculation, wishing for it, or having opinions on its worth.

One thing I do think though, is that all companies can adapt with the times, either due to market-forces, public-demand, or just plain old better and cheaper technology advances. So, okay, yep, Fujifilm have mentioned the limitation of the mount, where the back-projected image circle just isn't big enough to cover a moving sensor, causing darkened edges. So yep, difficult to compensate for right now. But, suppose they end up throwing in an ultra-light-sensitive hi-res sensor, they could, for example, then throw in an IBIS type sensor and just apply a small crop to mask the darkened area. Still great image quality, and with a high res sensor, no problem with a little crop... there are always ways and means to solve problems; anything is possible I'd say.

Anyways, my take is, in the meantime, people have every right to wish for it, discuss it, and also have the right to choose another system if they don't get it. Easy as...

Edited by easycass

Fuji has repeatedly said that it is not going to happen because it would require a complete new camera.

You can ask for the moon, but you are not going to get it.

Industrial production is not a democracy. You can’t vote new products in. Right or wrong the way this cameras were designed cannot accommodate everyone wishes. Some will like it, some won’t.

Vive la difference!

But ask if you so please. Andy Warhol had predicted that we will all have 15 minutes of fame.

This is the thing with internet and the modern sense of entitlement to being listened to, which is the base of “ Oh! So popular” the neo-populism:  “ I exist ergo I demand that my opinion, no matter how inconvenient for anyone else,  to matter for all and everything" 

Pointless though it is, yes, it is your “ right” to demand what you want. In the end they will do what they want with their company and that’s also their right to do so too.

Only they get to decide.

Edited by milandro