Sign in to follow this  
Samo

RF603cII + YN560III won't trigger help *neverending story*

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi guys, I need your help.

My recently bought RF603cII on xpro1 won't trigger my YN560III off camera. This looks like a neverending story to me, because a lot of people seem to be having issues with the trigger on their XP1s.

observations:

• flash on the camera hot shoe fires no problem, test fire off camera no problem.
  • I have my YN and RF trigger on the same channel
  • flash is in RX mode
  • setting the trigger to RX mode and pressing the trigger test button the flash fires, pressing the shutter button on my XP1 does nothing
  • setting the trigger to TRX (presumably the correct mode), the test button on the trigger nor the shutter does not fire the flash
  • on the flash - a blue led is lit, meaning the YN and RF trigger are connected
  • when I try to fire the flash normally with the shutter button(or the test trigger button), the blue light flashes as if it were firing
  • on the RF only the right green LED is lit
  • it's exactly this one >> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yongnuo-YN-560-III-Flash-With-RF-603-II-Single-Transceiver-Trigger-for-Canon-SLR-/121783769294
  • removing the spring plate on the hotshoe didn't work
  • using LCD/EVF/OVF doesn't make a difference

any ideas are really welcomed and appreciated!

I think these are Canon triggers - so they should work.  And yes, TRX mode is the right setting.

You need to make sure you are not in silent mode.

My triggers work with my X-E2 - not tried with an X-Pro 1

I think these are Canon triggers - so they should work.  And yes, TRX mode is the right setting.

You need to make sure you are not in silent mode.

My triggers work with my X-E2 - not tried with an X-Pro 1

the camera is not in silent mode, I got confirmation it works on X-T1 as well, but just can't figure out why my xp1 won't cooperate... unfortunately I do not have access to any other XP1s to try it out

Edited by Samo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I use the Yongnou 560 with my XT1 and XT2 via their on-camera trigger system.  Mine are Nikon pins.  I have no experience with the XPro 1.  But I read somewhere that the Canon pin layout being different than the Nikon ... it can cause a problem.  I can't recall if it was pin location and not touching the connectors properly, or a voltage difference that may cause a problem.  I wonder if you got your hands on a Nikon Yongnou if you'd have the same problem?  Or ... get someone with the Nikon version and XPro 1 to give their experiences.

Hello, I am a new user. Based in Northumberland, UK

I am having similar problems.

On X-E2 Yongnuo RF-603c triggers work with generic flash (Jessops 360 afdc) however when I switch to X-T1 nothing!!!!

I have settings on commander and not on silent mode. Using the remotes as a shutter release no problems, its only when I attach the flash nothing happens.

any assistance would be gratefully received.

The problem is that YN603C (at least not mkii) stays in reception mode till it has logic one on one of the pins. I've soldered pull up resistor on it and my 603c works on my x-t2 now.

It's relatively  easy to fix, number of sources on youtube: