X-T2 and using remote app?

Mike B

I have tried to use the remote app with the X-T2 and found that it will only allow me to take one image and then it sort of freezes up. When I attempt to take a 2nd image if has a dialog box that indicates processing with an OK button to tap. Yet no image is taken. It also won't allow for changing any settings after the 1st image is taken.  Has anyone had any success or experienced the same issues I have had? 

Hi Mike,

I have had that oroblem fir weeks now. I think I have cravked it.

Try powering off both camera and ios device, power on both again. On camera go to Setup menu, connection settings, wireless settings, general and do a Reset.

After resetting, try loading the app then fire the shutter ONCE only.

Press the left top corner arrow on the app to disconnect the wireless. Switch off camera then start it all up again.

After the problems I have had I must stress, you MUST disconnect the wireless by the back arrow on the app before switch ing the camera off, dont ask me why, mines been working every day for 3 days now that I follow the above procedure.

Good luck

Michael

Miguel,

Thanks for the response and suggestion. I attempted the process you suggested several times. And I still cannot get more than 1 image or shutter release. I attempted several scenarios with camera settings (AF, MF) and each time I tried the process that worked for you. Still no luck. Not sure if some other camera settings may be interfering. Just frustrated at this point.

I guess right now I have to wait for someone else that attempts and finds the root cause or that Fuji finds something and creates a fix in the app or firmware. (Depending on the cause). I'll also try more scenarios whenever I'm feeling like putting more time into it.

Thanks Again

Mike   

Hi Mike,

Sorry you are still having problems. Mine has been working since we last spoke.

I must say yesterday I switched off the camera before disconnecting the wireless on the iphone and it screwed

everything up again.

It took a few tries of my suggestion to get it going again, unreliable software.

Suggest you keep trying wwhat I suggested until you get a better offer.

best of luck

Michael

Just a thought Mike, you do have the wireless connection set to Resize fir Smartphone?

Also when I had problems I turned off the location setting and the geo tag both to off. Dont know whether it will cause a problem

but at this stage I dont want to do anything that may bring the problem back.

Have another go!

Michael

Thanks Miguel!  I'll keep trying. I had tried re-size for smart phone on  and off and the settings for location and Geo-tagging have always been off.  I'll take a few more runs at it. Also hoping someone reading the thread that has had success jumps in with what settings they are using. 

Mike

• 1 month later...

Finally have found a solution. Been trying off and on since I acquired my X-T2 to get the remote app to function. It had allowed file transfer yet when attempting to use the remote control of the camera it would take the first image and then sort of lock up. Tried all the on-off and reset combinations as well as some settings variations with absolutely no luck. After the updated firmware and the updated app I was hoping to have  it fixed. Nope. Same as before. being stubborn, I sat down for a few hours straight and had a momentary success with the remote control functionality working. After a turn on and turn off it went away. Spent another hour. Well, I had done some reflecting on how I got to it and it hit me. 

So, here is what happened to me and how I wasted a lot of time. The key is the display. I have the back display set for info only. Never use it to display the live view. Use it for only when I want to see an image I've taken. If you have the camera set to have the back display to shown only the info screen and launch the WiFi connection it will not allow for remote activation other than the 1 first image. When I set the back display to the current image/live view and then launch the WiFi connection it works flawlessly. My X-T1 doesn't have this issue, yet the X-T2 wont function with the remote app unless the back display is set to display the current view prior to connecting WiFi.

Hope this will help someone else if they want to use the app to do remote triggering.

Mike