rgerst

X-T2 FEATURE REQUEST - AUto Focus Speed

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am reposting this from another x forum as I am hoping Fuji will see this if no one has already requested:

I love the auto focus - it's terrific- but, I feel TOO fast for cinematic-like focus pulls when one operator / cinephotographer is shooting moving picture work.

It's a dead giveaway it's on auto, with one operator.

I would like to make a feature request in a firmware update for two additional slower modes for continuous auto focusing: 

Just "slower" and "slowest" 
or maybe "cine", and thin slowest called something like "slow".

The current snappy pull simply does not look like a typical focus pull for a filmmaker.

It is set up for snap pulls- which can work for action - but optimized for stills work, less so for motion.

Adding these options would be a huge benefit to single-person run and gun operators , eg those who shoot short film, documentary etc, 
and automagically also enable the operator to better adjust framing on the fly to help ensure the focus pull locks onto the intended target . . . .

Adding this feature, plus FLOG to the SD card (PLEASE try to keep it 4:2:2!) would make the X-T2 KILLER.

LOVING the XT2 so far. 

Richard

Edited by rgerst

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ibraxwane
      Hi guys,
      Hope you're all well.
      My Fuji randomly stopped turning on a few weeks ago. The screen turns on but not completely (as seen on the attachments). Changing to the Viewfinder also doesn't work, shutter doesn't go off...nothing works. When I turn it off, the screen stays on; I have to remove the battery for my camera to shut down. I've interchanged between my 3 batteries multiple times, and the problem persists.
      I've looked for solutions on forums, but never found anything that fits. Tried updating the firmware through an SD card but the camera won't even turn on for the update to begin in the first place.

Any tips? I'd love to hear from you guys!
      Cheers,
      Ibra

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By Filand
      Hello,
      I have a quick question regarding the XT-2.  I jumped from a Canon 40D to the XT-2 some time ago.  I love the camera and the feel and output are fantastic for me.  With that said, I have noticed that I have a harder time (on the Fuji) transferring what I see in my viewfinder to my computer screen.  In other words there seems to be a disconnect between what I see in the computer and what I remember being in the viewfinder.  I don't think it is a color or exposure issue, maybe a framing?  Not quite sure.  Do I simply need more experience with the camera?  I'm using a 18-55 for both cameras.  Thank you.
    • By jufoso
      Hi guys, new Fuji-freak here!
      I bought yesterday X-T3 with the 18-55 lens and XF 50-140mm f2.8, both used.
      At first I was really impressed with both of them but soon I figured out that there's something strange with the 50-140 and autofocus. The problem occurs at the maximum 140mm focal lenght. The autofocus can't focus near. It will only work for longer distances (over 4-5 meters) even though the minimum focus distance should be 1 meter. Even a slight zoom out e.g. 138mm will make the autofocus work normally.
      All the settings are in "auto", I'm shooting in single shot mode and autofocus on single point. The problem occurs in every possible setup. Here's a video about the problem (I didn't find my stand so I had to use chair) [ignore the cat meowing] https://youtu.be/g8snv-60DBM
      Has anyone else had the same problem or should I return the lens?
    • By Thubten
      I have used cameras for a long time, none of them weather sealed, without any damage from water or dust.In fact I don't recall it even being an issue.But now I am deciding between an xt2 and xt20 ,mainly on this basis and the $700 price difference.I will never be out in the rain with this gear, but it will be exposed to ordinary dust, and perhaps high tropical humidity.I am leaning towards the xt20.This has perhaps been covered before, but I can't find a search function.
    • By rollsman4
      I checked the entire menu and can't seem to locate the firmware.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you
    • Follow up... Picked up my camera from the repair shop yesterday. It turns out small particles (rice) got into the camera which jammed the shutter. I enjoy rice but can't figure out how that got into the camera.🤔
    • With so many impressive firmware updates, how does the upgraded X-Pro 2 compare with a new X-Pro 3  in terms of image quality and auto focus usability ? (yes, subjective question) There seem to be a lot of XP2's around looking for a home at attractive prices but I haven't seen a comparison. Dave
    • I would love if Fuji adopted Canons scroll wheel. It’s so fast and accurate, the best autofocus I’ve ever used. 
    • Hi, I wrote to the representative office of Russia. Here is the official answer (translated into english by google translator): We conducted a thorough diagnosis and revealed the appearance of a similar effect in some conditions both on your camera and on other test specimens. It is impossible to eliminate this phenomenon, since its appearance is due to the very structure of the camera components. This effect is not a malfunction, your camera passes the tests and meets the declared technica
    • Mine is still freezing from time to time with the latest firmware, anyone having the same problem?