Antique Balinese kris sword with X100...

Bali Charm

Hi All,

We just finished photographing our very rare antique-bladed Balinese kris with carving of the Hindu God Ganesha for handle... Any comments appreciated...

Best, Wi.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thank-you for the big compliment, Warren :rolleyes: . We write down the dimensions of each object on our website - for example, this sword is:

• Weight: 565 gm
  • Length: 65 cm
  • Width: 10 cm
  • Depth: 5 cm

But yes, I agree with you: looking at it now with your eyes, it is difficult to understand size just by looking at the photographs. Some people put a coin next to an object, but we decide not to do that - I think that takes away from the object itself? We may be wrong... We will also re-photograph this kris when we write our blog article about them - we have about 20 still in the workshop, with four finished. This one is different because it's an original nickel-iron blade from the 1800s. Our others are contemporary Damascus-style blades made on next door Java island, with the handles carved from ebony wood and a bit of mammoth ivory... I will post later ;)

Thank-you for your feedback Warren - I will aim for the eyes the next time!

Wi.