so Lightroom, Capture One or Adobe Camera Raw?

Pompo

Lightroom is all around excellent... is it the best? don't know and don't care... it is the most convenient and good librarian and image quality is good enough.

I'll stop using it at some point because I refuse to do the subscription... but as for now, my paid version still works fine.

Edited by deva

Pompo, Lightroom also incorporates ACR! Lightroom recognises X-T2 RAF files. Lightroom adds a cataloging facility, which is reasonably featured and I quite like it plus the editing tools it contains, which are comprehensive and easy to use!

I also am beginning to use PhotoNinja, which I can access from within Lr.

Apple has yet update its systems to recognise X-T2 RAF files, in fact it has only just begun to recognise X-Pro2 RAF files, so don't hold your breath on that one!

All editors have their proponents, it is of course a personal choice, I have shown you mine!

Lightroom works...It's not perfect, but the ability to catalog, use presets, shift into Photoshop etc makes it work for me. I dig LR mobile. I've been an Adobe user for decades. I know how to get the image that I'm looking for...and I'm not sure how I'd change systems with 4tb of images...

Warren

Yeah, I'm on LR for similar reasons as listed. When I shoot a wedding and come home with 2,000-3,000 images, I need the catalog and functionality that it offers me for culling and keeping track of images to deliver, blog, etc. But I have heard that Capture One may do a better job at maintaining the sharpness of the X-Trans sensor over other raw processing software. 

Yeah, I'm on LR for similar reasons as listed. When I shoot a wedding and come home with 2,000-3,000 images, I need the catalog and functionality that it offers me for culling and keeping track of images to deliver, blog, etc. But I have heard that Capture One may do a better job at maintaining the sharpness of the X-Trans sensor over other raw processing software.

The differences are so minor that mostly it doesn't matter anymore. I tried Capture One so many times, but I'm just sooooo much faster and better in Lightroom, that I can't be bothered with C1 anymore. Theoretical sharpness is great, but speed is much more important to me in my post flow...