GFX vs XT-2

Man please!!! it will never be same 56 mm f1.2 and 110 f2. What you will get from result is not a half stop. If you can focus the difference between apsc 23mm f1.4 lens and FF 35 sigma f1.4 lens difference, you will understand it. DOF difference will be huge. Your background will be far away with 110 mm lens. You can't tell only you need 50 megapixel bla bla.. 

I've shot the Pentax 645z and the Sony A7 rII. Megapixels and dynamic range don't tell the story. Not even close. The images from the different cameras LOOK different. It's not sharpness or bokeh either. Different sensors give a different look. This is not a better than thing. Whether we prefer one look over another is totally subjective.

While I'm not that much into resolution, I do appreciate the way the Pentax renders an image. It's wonderful. Part of that may be the lens, but the look stayed with shots from three different lenses, one of which was an old film lens. I didn't prefer the look enough to deal with the price, size or slow focus. Besides, I don't need that resolution for the work I do.

OTH, I found the Sony images a bit too digital and sterile. Again, that's just my take. I know three people with that camera who love it. Given the choice I'd take the X-T2 over the more expensive and higher resolution Sony. At least I will it it looks like the X-Pro2 that I've shot. When finances line up, I'll get the X-T2.

You can't quantify the difference between cameras. Numbers can't tell you how the photos will look, especially when well printed.

Edited by Michael McKee

I'm seeing the same thing.

Here's a question. Which on has better bokeh, a 16mp aps-c sensor or a 24mp aps-c sensor?

I haven't tried a Pro2 or Xt-2 yet, but my guess is that higher resolution would lead to improved subject separation if the lens has smooth bokeh and make matters worse if the lens has nervous bokeh. 

I haven't tried a Pro2 or Xt-2 yet, but my guess is that higher resolution would lead to improved subject separation if the lens has smooth bokeh and make matters worse if the lens has nervous bokeh. 

Pro2 and T2 has the same bokeh quality. If you can, try comparing the bokeh of T1 and T2 or Pro1 and Pro2. Different DOF.

It's a nonsense question.

The "bokeh" comes from the lens. Digi of film, it doesn't matter.

I would say, in film, low iso and high iso film has different quality bokeh and different DOF.

In digital I would say, large and smaller sensor, lower and higher mpix on the same size sensor, gives different DOF bokeh. Try it.

I would say, in film, low iso and high iso film has different quality bokeh and different DOF.

In digital I would say, large and smaller sensor, lower and higher mpix on the same size sensor, gives different DOF bokeh. Try it.

You're so wrong. I've been "trying it" for over forty years.

Please show us some examples.

You're so wrong. I've been "trying it" for over forty years.

Please show us some examples.

Not trying to prove anyone wrong and won't challenge your 40 years of "trying it" but since you asked.

Taken seconds apart, sooc, same lens, same settings, wide open and at min focus distance.

Which one has smoother bokeh?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

DOF is the same. The right hand image shows the OOF area slightly darker (slightly different angle of vue?).

As I've said elsewhere, I'm an image man. I have neither the time, patience or energy to argue such things, though there are plenty of gear-heads here to help you. I suggest you start a new thread on the subject.

Cheers.

DOF is the same. The right hand image shows the OOF area slightly darker (slightly different angle of vue?).

As I've said elsewhere, I'm an image man. I have neither the time, patience or energy to argue such things, though there are plenty of gear-heads here to help you. I suggest you start a new thread on the subject.

Cheers.

No worries Begi. It was for discussion purposes. I was supporting the notion that possibly the bokeh of the GFX will be better than the X-T2 (all things equivalent) due to it's larger sensor. Since we don't have any photos from the GFX, mine is just a theory. I was looking at it from data I already have. I shared more details because you asked. No need to start another thread.

I'm an image man...

Cheers.

me to, so an image for Bagi...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 months later...